Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,953   Posts: 1,558,018   Online: 1123

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format

Polaroid 545 Film Holder

Hi everyone:

I just acquired a Polaroid 545 holder for my 4x5 camera - which (I think) I am happy about.

Can anyone tell me what (Fuji or other) films are available that will work in this?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
    John Molligo
    jmolligo@gmail.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No Fuji instant films. Readyloads are supposed to work, but I've never had occasion to try them.
    Barry

Shooter
    4x5 Format

A little confusion

I thought I would add to this post.
    First thanks for responding Barry (Bdial) I appreciate your assistance - I was also told by Silverprint that the Fuji Instant films won't work in the 545 and the same thing by one other source.

However, I just received this email from Fuji;

Thank you for contacting Fujifilm, USA's Contact Center. Please allow us
    to assist you.

Our FP Instant film is compatible with the Polaroid 545 film holder, and
    requires no special handling when used in this holder system.

Thank you for your interest in Fujifilm products.

Respectfully,

Kelly, Imaging Support Team
    Contact Center
    FUJIFILM U.S.A., Inc.

So that's 3 to 1 - although the 1 is the main source - but (no offense intended toward Kelly at Fuji) customer service reps can make mistakes.

I'm not in a position to spend money on films that I can't use - so I was wondering (hoping) one of you out there may have tried the Fuji's in their Polaroid 545 and could let me know.

I really like instant film products, both for exposure and composition testing, as well as the final image - so I'm hoping I can make use of this holder.
    John Molligo
    jmolligo@gmail.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've used Fuji Acros 100 Quickloads in the 545i with no problems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As far as I know, there is no Fuji instant sheet film, just packet stuff, similar to the old Polaroid 669. This fits in the Polaroid 405 holder, but not in a sheet film holder like the 545. The Fuji folk have either mistaken the number or they have afilm I've never seen nor heard about.

I would be VERY happy to have the second case be the truth.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange View Post
    The Fuji folk have either mistaken the number or they have afilm I've never seen nor heard about.
    "Kelley" is mistaken, there's no Fuji instant sheet film for the 545. In fact, I asked the guy who manages the choose-film web site, suggested there was an untapped market for Fuji if they'd repackage their stuff for the 545, and he said, ain't gonna happen.

However, I have put Quickloads into mine and it seems to work okay.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If there's a new film available, it's not listed on the fuji web site, just the pack films. The rep. probably got the model number for the holder mixed up.

Peter

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I primarily use Polaroid P/N 55 in mine. What I can find for the least amount of money, anywho. So, as you can see, I don't purchase much. I can get 200 sheets of Arista.edu ISO 100 4x5 sheets for the price of 20 sheets of P/N55 at its least expensive.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have used both Fuji quickload and Kodak readyload on mine without any issues.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks everyone for the information. At least I can use it for readyloads.
    Although it's probably not especially worthwhile - I suppose I'll send a letter off to Ilford and Fuji to see if they would ever consider picking up on films like 54 and etc. Maybe the more they hear about it, the more they might want to consider it (although Fuji makes their own holder and I doubt they'd want to hinder sales on that).
    John Molligo
    jmolligo@gmail.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin