Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,275   Posts: 1,681,108   Online: 827

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

What are the opinions on the Nikon 210mm f/5.6 Nikkor-W Lens

I have a 300mm fujinon and a 135mm Schneider that I use on my ebony, but would like to get a lens that will let me get close to a human face (or a flower) without the bellows factor becoming to much of an issue (like in my 135mm) or the bellows being to short (my 300). I'm using an ebony 4x5. Does anyone have the Nikon 210mm f/5.6 Nikkor-W Lens ? It's not very expensive so i wonder if it's just a good value or a crappy lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a great lens. 210mm f/5.6 plasmats are among the cheapest lenses, especially on the used market. It doesn't have to be expensive to be good
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Get one

Enjoy it
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have one and can assure you it is an excellent lens. It wasn't cheap when I bought it (sob!).

Richard

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have one. It is tack sharp. It is not ED glass and I have noticed a very tiny bit of CA, but only in extreme situations. Does not show up on prints, only magnified on screen. It's a great lens! Get one, you won't be disappointed.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Excellent lens. And a great deal.

Shooter
    8x10 Format

210 Nikor

I've owned of these for over 25 years and it has never failed me. It is the only "modern" that lens I own. Craig

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use mine all the time, it's a great lens. I notice it handles small apertures very well (without suffering too much from diffraction) when I was doing still life's, trying to get maximum DOF.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The photographs I consider my best were made with this lens. I just love it. My only complaint is that it's a little short on coverage. This becomes much more of an issue for me on a 5x7 than a 4x5, but I've had vignetted negatives (only verticals) quite a few times on the smaller camera.

It's a splendid portrait lens for 4x5, but I wouldn't use it for that purpose on anything bigger.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have that 5.6 210 Nikor W and have used it many times with 8x10 even at infinite. I love it as a sort of wide angle still life lens on 8x10 and it is very sharp. I don't understand thinking it doesn't have enough coverage, we must be talking about different lenses. Mine is rated for 5x7.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin