Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,210   Online: 888

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Good point Aggie!!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    OK, putting all this together, this is what I see as an adequate 20x24 setup.

First, forget the pickup. Better use a Hummer. More room in the bed to move around in. Plenty good for rough terrain as far as vehicles can go.

Second, for the places the Hummer can't get to, three mules. One for the camera gear, one for camp gear, one to ride and lead the other two mules.

Third, a horse trailer to move the mules with. Guess we need a four-horse trailer since we have three mules. Going to need the fourth space for the water, feed, and shovel.

And of course the barn and acreage to support the mules when doing Hummer excursions exclusively.

Anything I forgot??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Being serious for a minute here, sorry, been thinking about getting a quad bike to cart my gear on (8x10 now and an 12x20 one day), anybody had any experiance with using one to cart gear about on. Not enough room at home for the mule train.

Got the idea from a diver I meet who uses one to get to remote beach diving locations.

Anyone got any suggestions?
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    David, is a quad bike what we call a 4-wheeler here in Kansas? Not something that's pedal-powered right?

If so, 4-wheelers (quad bikes) are great. They are far easier on the terrrain than a regular vehicle is. They can go anywhere a four-wheel drive pickup can reasonably go and don't get stuck as easy. If it does get stuck, its a lot easier for one person to push it out than is a full-size pickup. Inexpensive to maintain. Plenty of room in the box for the gear with the larger models. May want to tie your gear down to keep it from bouncing out.

Only drawback is one usually still has to have a pickup or trailer to get the 4-wheeler out near the location. None of them are really street legal that I know of. Purely intended for off-road use, geared low, not real fast but a lot faster than walking.

These days, they are preferred over the pickups for going out to work the livestock. (Including mules!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like the same thing, a four wheeled motorbike realy.

I was thinking I could set up some sort of A frame towing system to take it where I want to use it from.

Might see if I can borrow one and try it out.
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Good ideas David. Don’t know what’s available in NZ but Honda and Kawasaki are two of the largest sellers here in the USA. In fact, our local Honda dealer sells more 4-wheelers than regular two-wheelers. Ready made trailers for them are plentiful here too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin