Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,207   Online: 930

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Another good resource for someone just starting out is the 'Getting Started in Large Format Photography' article at View Camera Magazine's web site. You can find it at:

http://www.viewcamera.com/archives.html

Good luck in your search.

-- Bill

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I use my Tachihara a lot. I am very satisfied with it - It backpacks well - is light and has enough movements for what I do. The money I saved bought lenses. The front standard is not as sturdy as a premium camera I think but it is quite usable.
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

NW Wisconsin hard by the shore of Lake Superior
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Wow, thanks for all the great input folks. I have a lot to consider now with all this great info. It has started me to think about looking at used cameras as well, such as a Horseman Woodman 45, a Wisner 4X5 Traditional or maybe a Zone VI 4X5 field camera. There are so many great choices I'm sure any of the above would serve me well. Thanks again for your input.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have used a Zone VI 4X5 for about 15 years now. These do come up on Ebay fairly regularly. It has proven to be a solid performer. The only recommendation that I would make in regard to this particular camera is that if you plan on shooting 90 mm or shorter lenses that the bag bellows is almost a necessity. Good luck in your journey.

Johnny,

In the future you will want a monorail. Buy it now and save time.
    sergio caetano

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin