Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,751   Online: 1116

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Coating Lenses

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lets us know the cost and how it turns out please.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Will do... but am not sure how well I can judge quality... am a bit new at all this

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If it looks like the lens element i got back from Focal point it will be as new. First class job for both polishing and coating.
    Best to contact John Van Stelthen directly for pricing. http://www.focalpointlens.com/fp_intro.html

jan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This would be great for the 400mm P67 lens I saw on Ebay that went for $30 because the front coating was coming off. If only I had known at the time..
    Last edited by domaz; 11-26-2008 at 12:47 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: know=known

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yup, I did just that. He gave me a ballpark... but needs to see the lens for an accurate quote... The lens probably isn't worth re-coating (Meopta Mirar out of a Flexaret IIa)... but the camera is part of the family, was my first TLR and used to belong to my wife's Grandpa back in Czech... so yeah...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow... is all I can say... it cost me $90 US to do... but it came back top notch... Will definitely use Focalpoint again.. job well done at a decent price...

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just a link that could be of interest:

http://www.thinfilmcoating.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An note, Magnesium Fluoride can be coated with the lens cold, be if you heat the lens to 300 degrees (I think F not C) the coating will be hard. All navy ships had an shop to recoat optics until the hard coatings made recoating unnecessary.
    It's not the camera......

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin