Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,246   Online: 1065

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll give another tick for the 135 Sironar-N, super little lens has an image circle of 200mm so will allow some movement with 4x5. On its Linhof lens panel this will fit in my shirt pocket.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Wollensak Raptar 135/4.7 in a Rapax shutter = 30.05mm length. Fine lens, great shutter. Condition, condition, condition, usually very under valued.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's more like it, thank you. I've decided that a Xenar may be too large, a Tessar in a rim-set or dial-set Compur will fit as that's often the lens fitted when new. The camera is only about 35mm thick when folded, according to one online source but I'm not taking that as Gospel.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    By Jove I've got it Ian, make yourself a pinhole!
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Consider the Ektar 127/4.7. Prices are pretty good too.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What's coverage like with the 127mm Ektar, I don't need any movements the camear doesn't have any but I do want sharp edges/corners.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Must fit a KW Patent Etui

I just won the Patent Etui cameras that I require the lens for, if you look at the camera you'll understand why I'm after a very slim 135mm lens.

Actually I'll now have two of these cameras, one has no lens or back and was very cheap so I want to put a modern lens on it. There is no LF camera smaller

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ian what is the total length of lens that you can use? The 135 Sironar-N is approx. 41mm (too long?), protrudes 25mm from the front of the lens panel, 16mm from the rear.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    A coated Tessar or Xenar (or Color-Skopar) 135mm f:4.5 should fit right into the existing shutter. Finding a newer shutter that fits in the available space might be far more difficult than finding another lens that fits the shutter!

Also, due to the way the Patent Etui is made, you really don't want anything outside of 133mm to 137mm focal length.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Trevor I think somewhere closer to 32mm So no 6 element 135mm is going to fit. One of the cameras I just bought has a Dial-set 135mm Compur, but I know the same camera was also fitted with the rim-set Compur, the shutter is similar in size & cell spacing to late Compur 1 or a modern Copal 1.

It is going to be a very tight fit, so much so that it maybe I have to modify a more modern lens slightly to fit. Not quite as drastic as it sounds just having a bit shaved of the filter thread etc.

I'll know better in 2 or 3 weeks when I'm back in the UK & pick up the cameras.

Ian

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin