Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,691   Posts: 1,548,919   Online: 794

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: !

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    One thing needs to be mentioned - If you put any odd lens in any odd shutter, the f-stop scale will need to be calibrated - I had bad luck with Seiko shutters - Copals have never let me down. I have a compur that is at least 60 years old and workd fine. I guess care, cleaning, use and the environment have a lot to do with that.
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'll second that, Frank. My oldest Compur holds a 1912 vintage Xenar 180mm - and is still reasonably precise.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When looking at older shutters and lenses remember just because the threads match doesn't mean you won't screw the rear element right into the shutter blades. And also when working with fine machine threads, you may think the lens and shutter mate untill you have about a half or full turn of threads stripped.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Aggie

There are also more shutters wich still are made:
    Sinar Copal behind the lens mechanic shutter times from 8 sec to 1/60 sec
    Sinar Expolux electronic shutter from Sinar times fro 1/500 up to around 10 hours
    Then there is a Horseman shutter also electonic and there is also one from Rollei:
    The last 2 are almost created for digi backs!
    And do not forgett the good old black hat he is best for very long times! He work like a Swiss watch!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin