Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,128   Online: 861

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SMG

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    apconan, which Kitchener school are you at? KCI has a photography course, and a bunch of their students were at the Waterloo Arts Fair today selling prints.

It was really good to see these students out there with the great images they had produced and posted up in the stalls there. I bought a few from each just to help out and make them feel proud about their work. All of them had something interesting in the images shown, and all had distinctly different visions.

As for the Toronto school, I don't have any spare camera's at the moment but will keep it in mind.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Dear Victor,

Congratulations on making an organized ask to a generous and responsive group!

I teach MS & HS photo, analog, digital and everything else, and I'm sure my equipment collection looks as ragtag as yours.

I don't know if you needed the ortho film for your pinhole cameras, but I used to teach pinholes that way and at some point (probably ran out of film) switched to just making RC paper negatives, and have had much better success in getting good continuous tone images (whereas with the lith film it was always getting too contrasty). My kids are able to make remarkably beautiful images using paper negs, and suddenly building 16x20+ camera formats, out of black foamcore mostly, becomes a perfectly reasonable proposition).

My unsolicited advice!

Keep it up, email me if you want to trade thoughts!

J. Miller Adam
    The Colorado Springs School
    jmadam@css.org

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Victor
    I have a couple of paper safes and possibly a lens or two for your enlargers. Drop by sometime , I also have a bunch of empty frames that I probably could donate.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I too teach photo to 8-12 graders here in Salt Lake City. We have an amazing surplus of darkroom gear in spite of having over 30 working enlargers. If you need lenses, an enlarger or two, some old 35mm cameras, paper safes, old Dektol developer (still good...), an E-6 kit or two, etc...it would be great to help out a program that is trying to promote analog photography.

Let me know what you want/need. I'm sure we have something laying around that you could use.

Maybe we ought to start a sub-forum for educators? I know that there are several university professors here as well as us lowly HS teachers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin