Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,411   Online: 1055

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

Toronto High School Seeks Spare Equipment (continued)

Howdy folks.

I am currently running the photography program at Georges Vanier Secondary School here in Toronto. It's an inner city school in a fairly economically depressed part of town. However this does not mean that we are unfortunate. Indeed we have been the subject of a great deal of kindness over the last few months, thanks to the hard work of Bob Carnie, Amy Rafferty, and others such as Fintan. The goal of our program is to commit students to mastery at photography, and many of them have expressed

I'm unsure as to whether this is the best forum section to ask in, but I do have a few equipment requirements that we would have difficulty fulfilling ourselves at full cost (we're a public high school). Mind you what I am asking for is nothing extravagant, so if you happen to have what we're looking for, lonely, and unused, this is a great chance to come out and support education in analogue to digital photography at the high school level. I am currently looking for these items:

1)We are looking for a shutter or a person who is willing to repair a shutter for a 150mm Xenar. Failing that, if you have an copal 0 ~150mm lens in working condition that you don't need that would be great. We have a single 4x5 camera for our school which we do give to some of our most talented students but unfortunately the shutter for it's lens has issues.

2) Bob Carnie got us a 8x10 enlarger and although we do have 8x10 pinhole cameras, we are looking for some kind of 8x10 camera. If you have an 8x10 camera and holders that you do not need, we could use one. Alternatively if you have a mangled 8x10 of the wooden camera era, such as a korona gundlach I am willing to attempt to repair it.

3) Finally I am looking for some Kodalith/other Ortho film. It doesn't matter if it's out of date. We are also interested in picking up any other out of date consumables for classical darkroom.

Thanks and cheers.

-Victor Samou Wong

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hello Victor:
    Can you use a 35mm pentax spotmatic camera? It came to me in original condition from a relative, so it's free if you want it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've made this thread sticky in the hope that more will see it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mark mccarty View Post
    Hello Victor:
    Can you use a 35mm pentax spotmatic camera? It came to me in original condition from a relative, so it's free if you want it.
    Yes that would be great! Our students use those. please PM me.

jd callow: thank you sir. I think that you did the same for Bob's thread, and that is still appreciated too.
    Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have 3/4 of a bulk roll of T-Max 100.Outdated but still usable.
    Whats your mailing address?

Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    PM me for mailing address.
    Cheers and thanks.
    Last edited by Ole; 11-16-2008 at 02:34 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Address removed on request - might not be a good idea after all.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm going to post this in a new thread elsewhere I think, but we have a new need, and that is we need to know if anybody is travelling between New Hampshire and Toronto. Amy Rafferty has very kindly donated some of Ted's old paper to us, but we're finding that the shipping is a significant obstacle, so if any of you, or if any of you know someone who is doing this and amenable to transporting paper, please let me know.

Shooter
    Large Format
    hello Victor W:
    Sorry so long in answering re: pentax camera donation. I also have two 4x5's you can have--a B&J press, and a Bush Pressman, both without lenses
    but otherwise in good operating condition. I'll happpily donate all three if you can give me a mailing address. How about a letter of receipt, so I can
    deduct this donation from my income tax?

I also

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Paper, Film and Chemicals

Hi Victor

I was tidying up the basement and sorted out the supplies I am not likely to use. There are some rolls of 24 & 36 inch rolls as well as sheet paper. 120, 4x5, 8x10 and 10x12 film.

Email me if you can use any of these.

Michael

Shooter
    35mm
    Hey, just wanted to say that this is a great thing you have running here. I myself am a high school student from Kitchener, Ontario, and unfortunately my school doesn't have a photography course, so no darkroom for me until university next year.

I just wanted to applaud Victor for teaching my some people my age about analog photography... there are some things you just can't learn on the internet... and I know several young Torontonian artists so I can appreciate what you do. As well as a kudos to everyone who has contributed, it's things like these which made me join APUG... great community.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin