Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,600   Online: 649

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by df cardwell View Post
    The lens, I'll bet, is the same design as a Dagor, and will cover more than an ample amount.
    The cheaper Anastigmat 135mm f6.8 lenses were often triplets although some where Doppel Anastigmat, few would have been up to the quality of a Dagor.

Judging by the OP's image taken with the lens and the fall off at the corners it may well be an Triplet.

All manufacturers offered 9x12 cameras with a variety of lenses and shutters, the best models used Tessars, Heliars, Xenars, Eurynars, Dagors etc in Compur or Ibsor shutters, then with the cheapest lenses a 3 speed Vario or Derval shutter which is what appears to be on this particular camera.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, Ian, it could be almost ANYTHING.

I'm still betting on a dagor

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There's an Ernemann Anastigmat f:6, 5 elements in 2 groups, but that should have 82 degrees coverage. But there's also a doppel-anastigmat f.6.8, which is a dialyte (4 in 4 groups). This seems more likely.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    it is an doppel-anastigmat f.6.8, (4 in 4 groups) [I] took it apart to clean it...it looks to me very clean no fungus, If I will be able to bult this adapter I want to replace the old lens with the Yamasaki C-CONGO 1:6.3 f=150 on it, it is in very good condition and I think it will fitt the camera and it is much better IMO

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't worry Mark you can sell your spare "Dagor" to Don after you fit the Cong

You will definitely get far better results with the Congo.

I now have a 1950's coated Tessar which I can fit on my Ernemann 9x12which has no lens. It's worth getting more 9x12 plate holders as film is readily available, I think I have at least 15 that luckily fit all 5 of my 9x12 cameras.

Let us know how you get on making a 5x4 back.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hello !
    I've in my cupboard the Ernemann 9x12 my grand father bring during WWI at the Dardanelles.
    I've used it with film (9x12 size) FP4 using the original plate holders. The trick is to put into the holder a sheet of mount board painted black to prevent reflection.
    My lens is the original one (Hermagis Anastigmat 135 mm F:4.5 ) but the original shutter had been changed because the original Compound like one was dead. Alas, the "new" one has it's slow speeds not working as the mechanism is totally worn out.
    Try it, use it, love it !

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Don't worry Mark you can sell your spare "Dagor" to Don after you fit the Cong

You will definitely get far better results with the Congo.

I now have a 1950's coated Tessar which I can fit on my Ernemann 9x12which has no lens. It's worth getting more 9x12 plate holders as film is readily available, I think I have at least 15 that luckily fit all 5 of my 9x12 cameras.

Let us know how you get on making a 5x4 back.

Ian
    WOW...!!! 5 9x12 cameras???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is a "little" Orion Werks - same size as my Ernemann - alongside one of my other 9x12's

These 9x12's are excellent cameras provided you don't want to use movements, they are far smaller & lighter than corresponding 5x4 cameras and the film format is only a fraction smaller.

Obviously the Patent Etui is even smaller than an Ernemann compared to a Pacemaker Crown Graphic

You can find far more in the Plate Camera section here on APUG.

Ian

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    FYI, I've corrected "Ernermann" to "Ernemann" in the thread title for easier searching.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Could the lens be a legendary Ernostar?
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin