Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,939   Posts: 1,557,408   Online: 910

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I started building the adapter..;-)
    with no proper tools it will take me more time than it could take me...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dear All,
    I'm planing to buy an Ernemann large format camera. But.

First of all the camera is toally ruined by time and dust and need to be renovated. I would like to make it by my own hands, and before i do anything, would like to ask here a few things.
    I'm new here at APUG but i'm in analog photography since a few years. Had built thing and also repaired smaller equipment like my Bessa R3a.
    But this is a bigger nut then just tighten a screw.

I attached 4 pictures, cannot give better because i don't have neighter.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	55508

Name:	02.JPG 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	55509

Name:	03.JPG 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	55510

Name:	04.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	55511

I can buy it from the internet for around 35$ and would like to know, Is it possible to repair it?
    If yes, what kind of Ernemann is it exactly, i couldn't figure out

Thank you for the help,
    Bandi
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
    "... the space between the blacks and white will give the essence of a picture ..."
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/hiperography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG Bandi.

It's an Ernemann Klpapp, which has a large focal plane shutter,. It looks like it'll need an awful lot of restoration and you'll have difficulty finding some of the parts easily. A lens should be less difficult as it probably had a Tessar.

Not the ideal large format camera project to start off with, although it's the kind of challenge I enjoy. On a more practical side the camera's lack of movements will make it less useful in the long run.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Welcome to APUG Bandi.

It's an Ernemann Klpapp, which has a large focal plane shutter,. It looks like it'll need an awful lot of restoration and you'll have difficulty finding some of the parts easily. A lens should be less difficult as it probably had a Tessar.

Not the ideal large format camera project to start off with, although it's the kind of challenge I enjoy. On a more practical side the camera's lack of movements will make it less useful in the long run.

Ian
    Dear Ian,

Thank you for the quick answer. For me is also the challenge, what gives a push to make it.
    The comfortability is not a question. I was walking one week long around Prague with a Sinar Norma just because I wanted to show, it is possible to use a Cardan camera as a Field one

Do you think maybe, if i can't find a small but necessary part for resoration, then i can find somewhere somebody who can craft or customly make it?
    Or should i search another piece of "junk" to renovate?
    The main point for me in this camera is the inbuilt shutter, nothing else. Maybe You know another brand who have similar kind of camera?

Thanks,
    Bandi
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
    "... the space between the blacks and white will give the essence of a picture ..."
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/hiperography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As you have a Sinar then you're aware of limitations so maybe go for the Ernemann but without to high expectations, some parts missing paneles etc you can make, the shutters trickier but not too hard to replace the curtains, the finders missing. Perhaps a longer term project.

There's plenty of other FP shutter 9x12 cameras in Europe as Goerz, Zeiss and a few others made them or there's the SLR option Mentor being an example. Usually cameras that need slight restoration are relatively inexpensive.

I'd buy that Ernemann as a learning project, if you're lucky it can be restored if not you've the knowledge to move on to other restorations.

Ian

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin