Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,265   Online: 743
      
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 79
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Japan
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    810
    Images
    70
    I sent them an email a week ago getting a quote on an hold whole plate camera I have been slowly restoring. The provided a price quote and everything, there was no indication they were shutting down then. The home page is still active as well, I hope this is just a sad rumor.

    Gary
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for hours.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

    Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    524
    Images
    133
    In Gro▀formatforum a poster cited an email by E.C.Ruffell in full length which he received in reply to an inquiry. Another poster confirmed this as he got a similar message. But let us hope the best.

    Ulrich

  3. #23
    JBrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    6,778
    It would give me great pleasure to flush this puppy down into the doom and gloom sub forum. I have sent Camera Bellows an email politely asking them to confirm or deny this matter. Hoping for the best.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    78
    Veronica (from c/bellows uk) sent me an email, unfortunately confirming the overall statest of camera bellows UK is as said closing. however she does say that Tony will be be continuing something of his own in January. she will keep us updated. she thanks us for our support. lets hope Tony can provide!

    its a sad occurance.....i suppose at one point the last person making buggy whips stopped making them too...well for buggies at least

  5. #25
    David A. Goldfarb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawai'i
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    17,079
    Images
    20
    Here's another thread with some additional info over on the LF Forum--

    http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=43334
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

  6. #26
    David A. Goldfarb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawai'i
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    17,079
    Images
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastigmatic View Post
    its a sad occurance.....i suppose at one point the last person making buggy whips stopped making them too...well for buggies at least
    As I've posted before, there is no shortage of new buggy whips--

    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum172/...tml#post324605
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    78
    Hi David,
    just a figure of speech when i mention buggy whips. lets hope there will aways be someone that makes bellows...but that mob were pretty darn good at it!

  8. #28
    JBrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    6,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastigmatic View Post
    Veronica (from c/bellows uk) sent me an email, unfortunately confirming the overall statest of camera bellows UK is as said closing. however she does say that Tony will be be continuing something of his own in January. she will keep us updated. she thanks us for our support. lets hope Tony can provide!
    I received a reply this morning exactly in line with this.

  9. #29
    Ian Grant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    West Midlands, UK, and Turkey
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    15,933
    Images
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Here's another thread with some additional info over on the LF Forum--

    http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=43334
    Can't you merge the threads David

    I did hint that something like this was likely, I guess downsizing and getting the concern out of a larger group isn'tb easy. Toomany people wanting a cut of the profits.

    Also I second the Buggy whips, useful for keeping Jason in rin as it's not gloom & doom in the long run

    Ian

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Can't you merge the threads David
    ok , it is obviuosly beyond what i know, but how does one merge threads from different forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    I did hint that something like this was likely,

    you have got to kidding yeah! (a HINT) i wish i had a stockbroker the same., no need, a three year old could say the same. so who woudnt!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    guess downsizing and getting the concern out of a larger group isn'tb easy. Toomany people wanting a cut of the profits.

    please explain...makes little sence on its own

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Also I second the Buggy whips, useful for keeping Jason in rin as it's not gloom & doom in the long run

    makes little sence on its own
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Anastigmatic; 11-28-2008 at 09:29 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin