Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,066   Online: 709

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Crone View Post
    Actually I still have the review sample that I built for that review; they never did ask for it back. Indeed it's a basic kit but certainly capable of delivering good pictures that are no different from those taken on view camera's costing a grand or more. Just don't expect the same build quality, flexibility, longevity, you get what you pay for and what you pay for is a decent kit.
    It sounds great; I'm seriously considering it - I have a monorail at home I use for still life/studio type stuff, but I've never been able to justify the cost of a field camera for the relatively few times I'd actually envisage using it (I can't drive so I get everywhere on foot or by public transport, which means I try to take a minimum of kit.) And the pleasure of building it is a big draw!

I also quite like the idea of painting it up in Chelsea blue and yellow .

And of course, it seems like it would be a good way of supporting Custom Bellows (assuming they do continue to make them, naturally.)
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_walls View Post
    And of course, it seems like it would be a good way of supporting Custom Bellows (assuming they do continue to make them, naturally.)
    The Bulldog website is new I think, it's run by Vivid-Vision, as is the Custom Bellows site. It shows the 10x8 camera which wasn't on the Camera Bellows website, and the Shopping cart is Live and allows payment by Paypal.

So go for it.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_walls View Post
    It sounds great; I'm seriously considering it - I have a monorail at home I use for still life/studio type stuff, but I've never been able to justify the cost of a field camera for the relatively few times I'd actually envisage using it (I can't drive so I get everywhere on foot or by public transport, which means I try to take a minimum of kit.) And the pleasure of building it is a big draw!

I also quite like the idea of painting it up in Chelsea blue and yellow .

Tim, its certainly light and compact enough to carry with ease. As its a none folder you can leave almost any lens attached during transportation.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Camera Bellows is coming back

Thanks to the powers that be, we have been closed down, it is unfortunate but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Myself and Tony Eaton are looking at taking the business over and hope to be up and running by late February, we have had excellent feedback from all of our customers who have been very supportive in our efforts to carry on with the business. We have a new website under construction at the momment www.custombellows.co.uk so please bear with us, we will be back soon

Shooter
    Medium Format

Camera Bellows

I feel justified posting as I just read all 8 pages of posts, so entitled!

Mark Kapono made a replacement bellows for a 6x9 Horseman VHR, which is quite tricky as it has to fold up in a VERY tight space.

He did a great job, looks better than the original, and was not a long time in delivering.

Don't have any experience with larger bellows and Mark.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Lowe View Post
    Thanks to the powers that be, we have been closed down, it is unfortunate but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Myself and Tony Eaton are looking at taking the business over and hope to be up and running by late February, we have had excellent feedback from all of our customers who have been very supportive in our efforts to carry on with the business. We have a new website under construction at the momment www.custombellows.co.uk so please bear with us, we will be back soon
    Congartulations and good luck for you. I am very happy with the 4x5 Linhof Technikardan bellows you built three years ago and certainly hope you are doing well when I need a new bellows for any of three cameras.

I think that it is a wonderful idea for you to keep in touch with this group as it is a most likely source of future business. If you have not already done so, you might also join the Large Format Forum as another good source of prospects.
    http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/index.php

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anyone considering Mr. Kapono may wish to do a search here and on the LF.Info site before parting with any money (assuming you can find him to give him any money in the first place)...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Lowe View Post
    You have just made an old man very happy. You may remember me ordering 2 bellows for my Super Isolette few months back. More orders to come soon. Please keep going.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Keith,

Congratulations and good luck.

One comment about the website. I don't know about others, but I find that gray letters on a pastel background makes for hard reading.

Alan

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin