Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,537   Posts: 1,544,274   Online: 785

Shooter
    Multi Format

Linhof Bi-Kardan rail clamp

One of the two (non-metallic) shims in the rail clamp has separated (ie has come unglued) from the inside of the 'half tube' on the clamp.

Having no technical knowledge about adhesives that I might use to keep this "little red sucker" in its proper place and prevent it's loss (I seriously doubt Linhof has replacement parts for this old but still serviceable and wonderful but overweight piece of equipment... )

Can anyone suggest an available product to cure my problem?

Ken
    Quando omni flunkus moritati (R. Green)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I bought my Linhof (1992), they advertised the promise to keep in stock all replacement parts for at least 22 years.
    My brother had an 'old' Technica IV, and Linhof still had parts for it in the late 1990's!
    I would not be surprised that they still have the part you are looking for, just mail them.
    Include a picture of the part and the serial number of the camera.

Good luck,

Philippe
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just about any contact cement will work OK. Follow the directions on the bottle or tube & you'll do fine.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin