Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,523,988   Online: 830

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Who's still using Efke 8x10 or larger? Banding issues?

Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting some efke/adox in 8x10, as I really like the look of it in 5x7 and need to switch films anyway (bad experience w foma). Anyway, was just curious if people have gone back to using this film in large formats, and whether the banding issues that caused many to leave it have been resolved. Thanks,

GB

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I've not had any issues in 12x20
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Never stopped for 10x8,haven't heard of anyone else having a problem for quite a long time. I started using Adox films around the early 70's and haven't had a problem yet,

Ian

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    That long? wow!
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually I began to use it before I went to MF, then LF. The quality from Adox KB14 (the 14 was the DIN speed, it's now called KB25) in a good 35mm camera with a superb lens and a good tripod, and of course the right developer, is outstanding. But the films were a lot softer back then and far more prone to processing issues.

Over the years I've kept using it occasionally for MF and now for 5x4 & 10x8, it's my main film for 10x8 although I still have a box of Forte 200 left. I guess they weren't available in the US until quite recently.

Ian

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have 4 different 12x20 films and have used a box of the Efke split between images and masks. It behaves just a any good film would. Good density and good exposure qualities. (ie, it exposes how I expect it to

Thanks Ian
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Love it in 12x20 and before that loved it in 7x17 and 8x10.
    Nigel Tufnel: It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none.
    None more black.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    How do you all develop it? I've been doing regular tray shuffling.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The emulsion is quite fragile as it's not as prehardened as other films so I wouldn't shuffling, if you mean more than one sheet at a time. I dish process mine singly, and use Pyrocat 2+2+100 to keep the dev time reasonably short.

Ian

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I use it as my main film, PL50 and PL100 in 8x20 and 12x20. I brush develop with no scratches at all. Yes it takes more time than shuffling but its worth it so as not to scratch it... beautiful film.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin