Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,538   Online: 859

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I read your first post; what you look for is easily made. I have made/adapted backs for my cameras many times, and it is not rocket science to make one to work well. I am attaching a scan of my Graflex 6x7 rollfilm back with a slot that I cut in the edge (does not change the dimensions) so that it would key into my Wista 45SP's back. All you want is a way to "grab" the edges tight to the camera. My Wista had sliding steel retainers, while my Chamonix has rotating retainers. You can use porch door sliding bolts or any other similar hardware to achieve this.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by ragc View Post
    I read your first post; what you look for is easily made. I have made/adapted backs for my cameras many times, and it is not rocket science to make one to work well.
    My Wista had sliding steel retainers, while my Chamonix has rotating retainers. You can use porch door sliding bolts or any other similar hardware to achieve this.
    thanks for that :-)

actually the part I was wanting to take a look at the way that the 'back looks' on the camera with the grafloc film / glass removed. Sort of like the same angle I had in the image I put in my first post Just so I can see what it looks like. Like how the mechanism torques down and allows release

but from your description I think I can just adapt something using the hinge glass I have and the grafloc roll back I'll get as a guide on how it should work.
    Theory: you understand why it should work but it doesn't
    Practice: it works but you have no idea how
    Here theory and practice meet, things don't work and I don't know why
    Homepages: here Blog: here

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3059/...8a6cfd3c_o.jpg

Wista 45SP with the rollfilm back on

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...DSC_7465es.jpg

and with the back off and the GG on

Notice the silver metal tabs under the top slider and above the bottom slider: they hold the back in place. You cannot see them in the bottom photo (actually you do see a bit of the top one) because they are retracted (and the GG frame is installed).
    Last edited by ragc; 12-14-2008 at 06:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

I'll get cooking on making an adaptation

:-)
    Theory: you understand why it should work but it doesn't
    Practice: it works but you have no idea how
    Here theory and practice meet, things don't work and I don't know why
    Homepages: here Blog: here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin