Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,239   Online: 803

Shooter
    Multi Format

A 5x7 "newbie" Help me put this "old timer" into use!

Hey guys. I have had a "Poco Telphoto Cycle C" sitting around for years. This thing is in great shape (bellows etc.) and I really want to start shooting with it. This camera was made by rochester optical around 1898. I have a few questions.

1. I cannot find a great deal of info on the camera... does anyone know anything?
    2. I am amazed at how pricy 5x7 film is. Does anyone know a good ( hopefully somewhat cheap) source for this? I would be fine with tri-x but would prefer something along the lines of FP4.
    3. I have the original focusing cloth... it's sorta falling apart :/ does anyone know a good place to get a new one/ can I make my own that will work?
    4. This shutter is old. Unfortunately I have no pics now. Do I need a "bulb" air cable release or will a normal one work?
    Thanks Alot!
    -Stock Dektol.
    I will NEVER stop developing...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    freestyle's arista ultra is pretty affordable, and the 200 iso variant comes in at about 160 or 125 in rodinal. I have not shot it with other developers. it's foma t200

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the info. I'm still in school so, all I have real access to is HC-110...does any one have experience with t200 using hc-110?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    there is data for fomapan 200 with hc-110 in the massive dev chart at digitaltruth.com. good luck. I just ordered 50 more sheets myself.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stock Dektol View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm still in school so, all I have real access to is HC-110...does any one have experience with t200 using hc-110?

You bet. I develop Fomapan 200 (Arista.edu.ultra 200) for about 4 minutes with relatively vigorous agitation at 68f in HC-110 dilution "E". I am fairly happy with the results. I expose for ISO 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks For all the info!!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Adorama is currently shipping Ilford 5x7 film free. Price is about the same as everyone else.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Any modern shutter and lens will work if mounted on an appropriately sized lensboard. These are easy to make out of wood, or, in a desperate situation even cardboard. The air bulbs for pneumatic shutters can still be found, or you can adapt ear irrigation bulbs from the drugstore with fishtank air line tubing, or even blood pressure cuff bulbs and tubing from a medical supply company. The Freestyle Arista film is good, I use the ISO 100 and develop 10 minutes in Kodak D-76 1:1 on the average.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin