Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,569,952   Online: 1064

Shooter
    Multi Format

Graflex Graphic View and Tripods

I just purchased a Graflex Graphic View I -- my first 4x5 camera. Woo hoo! Problem is, it came without a tripod mount. I understand that there is a tripod mount made for this camera, but it doesn't look like there are any on that auction site right now.

Does anyone know of any other options, including possible homegrown solutions, for mounting this camera to a Bogen tripod?

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Last edited by Jon Shiu; 12-17-2008 at 02:02 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Greg, try www.keh.com, they have the whole camera in stock, see if they will sell just the part. I would also try Quality Camera in Atlanta. Sometimes Chuck Ruben's in Louisville has stuff like that, so call them and ask. I often saw these at the Cincinnati Camera Swap, but now that you and Crystal are in California that may not be an option.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    35mm
    I saw a graphic view on "that auction site" today that came with TWO tripod mounts... you should contact the seller--maybe he can convince his buyer to sell you his spare tripod mount.

Here's the auction:http://http://cgi.ebay.com/Beautiful...QQcmdZViewItem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Someone was making an "aftermarket" mount for them, but I don't have any links. In addition to the above suggestions, try asking on graflex.org. Midwest photo or Badger might be possibilities too.

As a worst-case it wouldn't be really difficult to fabricate one or get one fabricated. If you need detail measurements or photos PM me and I can measure/photograph mine for the purpose.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    SK Grimes will be able to help you. You aren't the first to face this problem.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin