Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,325   Online: 950

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    It was wrapped in bubble pack, but the box could/should have been larger. There was at most an inch extra space around the camera. If the seller would have done that, this damage might have been avoided.

Shooter
    Large Format
    That sucks.

I remember shipping a Commodore SX-64 computer to someone, from MA. to OH. I believe.

I double-boxed it, bubble wrapped it.. I've never packaged anything to that extreme before. The item weighed a lot (it was the first mass-produced and available 'portable' computer') an it arrived with a broken floppy drive.
    Sadly. I should have kept that (I love C64s).

That pain, of having something you love.. only to be destroyed by the post office.. makes my pain seem meaningless.

ps- I thought that they were making Deardorffs again? In very small numbers? Am I crazy?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip P. Dimor View Post
    I remember shipping a Commodore SX-64 computer to someone, from MA. to OH. I believe.
    I double-boxed it, bubble wrapped it.. I've never packaged anything to that extreme before.
    I packed a Mac Plus and sent it to my daughter. Packed it with the precursor to bubble wrap... Popcorn. I had a course in design from Jay Baldwin, the author of a recently published book on Bucky Fuller (his teacher). He had us package three eggs with a brick. The test was to toss it to the ground from the second story balcony. The guy who used popcorn in a shoebox was the only one in the class who had no broken eggs. He did it twice, just to show that it was no accident. I embedded the eggs in a can of Crisco (vegetable oil shortening). One of my eggs broke. Don't ever pack a Deardorff in Crisco!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin