Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,742   Online: 804

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    I use a metric Arca in blowing, sandy conditions all the time. I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

At the end of the day, take the back off of the camera, extend the bellows to almost maximum and place on a white surface back side down and run your fingers up and down the bellows. You would be surprised how much dust and fine debris may come out. Also, load your clean film holders in zip lock bags. Carry a brush to clean lenses, film holders, etc. Be sure to dust off the back of lenses and lens boards before mounting. It helps some to tap film holders against your hand to help knock off any dust from the surface before inserting into the camera. Quick Loads are nice and avoid many dust problems. Death Valley is a wonderful place to photograph. Good luck.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    All cameras get dirty. You have to clean all of them at some time. You should always use the best of what you have to get the best photos you are capable of. Just clean your equipment regularly...more so if used in dusty conditions. I use a metal field camera for my rural dusty road location work. It has some geared movements and some friction movements. I have never had a problem, although the exterior of the camera gets quite dusty after a whole day on back dirt roads. I keep my film holders in a lidded case until I am ready to use them. I generally take out about 100 5x7 holders, packed in 2 wood boxes with latchable lids.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin