Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,872   Posts: 1,520,113   Online: 876

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sweet Cameras!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    More plans please... Especially with detailed drawings or downloadable files, including if possible, hardware templets for metal pieces.

Eli

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ElrodCod View Post
    I wonder where Daguerre and Talbot bought their cameras?
    They got 'em used on eBay.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eli griggs View Post
    More plans please... Especially with detailed drawings or downloadable files, including if possible, hardware templets for metal pieces.

Eli
    Check out our own Camera Building and Modification forum, there's 34 pages of threads full of excellent information. Again I've never built one, but I'm a self confessed ambitious, uneducated tinkerer.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Send me your e-mail address and I will send you what I have. It's not a complete set of plans but there is enough to get started and work out the rest yourself.

Steve.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thank you, Fleath and thank you Steve, PM sent.

Has anyone here tried the white, rubber? backed "blackout material" sold by fabric shops for curtain making, to use as bellows material? It's fairly thin, durable and sewn to a piece of black fabric, makes a great dark cloth.

Eli

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you, Fleath and thank you Steve, PM sent.

Has anyone here tried the white, rubber? backed "blackout material" sold by fabric shops for curtain making, to use as bellows material? It's fairly thin, durable and sewn to a piece of black fabric, makes a great dark cloth.

Eli
    The "blackout material" I purchased is to thick for small bellows but it may be usable for 8 by 10 bellows. I'm using it for my dark cloth and even then it's a little to heavy.

I have made some so-so bellows using 4 mil black vinyl. The reason there were so-so was the cloth I used for the out side cover, made the bellows too stiff, and I did not get the folding looking good because the stuffiness of the bellows assembly.
    It's not the camera......

Shooter
    35mm
    Flip side.
    My bargains:

1953 Speed Graphic, 2 lenses, 5 holders, flash. Everything working. $100
    Kodak 4x5 Master View, 1 lens, 4 holders, case. $50. Working. A monorail wasn't for me.

I have seen folks take a beater Crown or Speed Graphic and cobble together a pinhole camera that accepts cut film and roll film holders. I have also seen the results of taking 3 beater Speed/Crown cameras and assemble one working "Borg" camera. It works quite well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin