Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,540   Posts: 1,572,766   Online: 879

View Poll Results: Own or use a Graflex Crown/Speed or Super Graphic?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • No..Never understood why anybody would want one.

0 0%
  • never owned or used one.

32 12.80%
  • Used one at work / military

6 2.40%
  • owned one less than a year.

25 10.00%
  • own/owned one but don't/didn't use it much

61 24.40%
  • own onw e or more and use 'em often.

121 48.40%
  • Collector. own many use few or not at all.

5 2.00%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two Speeds 1 pre-Anniversary WA Special, & a Pacemaker with no shutter, and a Pacemaker Crown Graphic. They get used when I have to shoot 5x4 hand held (tripods are often prohibited at many places I shoot).

Given a choice I'd prefer the newer Super Graphics which were released to try & compete with the far better featured Linhof's & MPP's.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I would like to own one some day. That was not on the list.
    "I, in humility, am willing to learn, when you, in humility, are ready to teach." Rusty Tripod

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Forgot to mention that I have two storage crates full of flashbulbs. My reflector is the 5 in. right angled bayonet one. Unfortunately, I used up all the clear Press 25s and GE #5s and am left only with the blue ones. They have a lower guide number, and I don't like to waste the blue ones on black and white film. The rest of the bulbs are larger. There are some GE #11s (the most common bulbs used in the large 7 in. screw base reflector), some that are the size of household light bulbs, and some that are larger. I also have a couple of teeny bayonet base modeling lights. All of this stuff came with the Speed kit. Niiiice.

I need to stock up on clear Press 25/GE #5s...or get a 7 in. reflector and start using the #11s. Or maybe I'll just tape a wee stack of paper plates to the back of my flashgun.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    My first was a post-war Speed Graphic with the side mounted kalart which got used on a tripod with hot lights and handheld with bulb flash. I've since bought another couple of Speeds (added a 178 Aero Ektar to one of those) and a Super Graphic, all 4x5. The original Speed still gets used the most although I hope to take the Super Graphic out into the field soon.

I stocked up on bulbs whenever I could get them cheaply and have used smaller ones (M2/M3/M5) in adapters with reasonable results.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Speed Graphics 2x3, 3x4 and 4x5 and a Crown Graphic 4x5. All with flash guns and a supply of bulbs. One of the Speeds has a 178 Aero Ektar as well.
    Also a supply of Tri X film packs for the 2x3 and 3x4 sizes.
    Gord

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Crown Graphic 4x5, graflok back, flash guns - yesterday scored big on a Graflarger - yippee, bought it for myself for xmas (G.A.S.) - been looking for one forever, it seems!!! Cost from going from MF to LF is astounding! Haven't mastered it yet, but once I do, I plan on using it big time. These cameras are being gobbled up, since I bought mine 1 1/2 years ago the price has tripled. 6.50 a piece for bulbs - woof - anyone aware of quirks I should know about? My first batch looks like I might have some leakage in the film holders.

2F/2F - you got way more bulbs than you need! Gimme, Gimme - ha ha! j/k

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Brad - looks like the makings of a Group! - Cheers.

I owned a Crown with a Schneider 135mm for about 3 years and traded up to a view camera. This was more than 25 years ago. I miss the lens but not the lack of camera movements. It was a good starter camera that was light and portable.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Super and Anny... and only a couple of shoe boxes of bulbs, none of which gets as much use as I'd really like!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_tripod View Post
    I would like to own one some day. That was not on the list.

I guess that would fit into the second category.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin