Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,152   Online: 1037

View Poll Results: Own or use a Graflex Crown/Speed or Super Graphic?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • No..Never understood why anybody would want one.

0 0%
  • never owned or used one.

32 12.80%
  • Used one at work / military

6 2.40%
  • owned one less than a year.

25 10.00%
  • own/owned one but don't/didn't use it much

61 24.40%
  • own onw e or more and use 'em often.

121 48.40%
  • Collector. own many use few or not at all.

5 2.00%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I am impressed at the results so far. Looks like lots of folks shooting Graphics out there. Cool.

I guess I thought there'd be a whole bunch more people who bought one, used it for a while and moved on....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    I am impressed at the results so far. Looks like lots of folks shooting Graphics out there. Cool.

I guess I thought there'd be a whole bunch more people who bought one, used it for a while and moved on....
    I have not used it heavily for a while, because I have been messing with so many other cameras for the kind of stuff I am shooting, and because I no longer have access to a 4x5 enlarger! I am taking it to the grave with me, however! I will always think of the Speed as one of my main "keeper" axes, along with my Canon FD stuff. They are super well built, easy to use, versatile, and as an added plus, they are built in America by Americans...the only great American camera that I own, the others being a few Brownies, a B&J Grover, and an Eastman No. 2. 5x7. The latter two are good, but not great. Not anywhere near the level of design and build of the Graflex.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 12-29-2008 at 12:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    You left off the Graphic View... I still use mine.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pnance View Post
    You left off the Graphic View... I still use mine.

...the graphic view isn't a press camera...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The closest thing I have to any of the above is a Graflex Model D 3x4, with the long bellows. I have a 6x9 rollfilm back for it and a recently acquired 12-sheet Grafmatic bag-mag. Someday I'm going to do a project with the rig, but I don't currently trust the roller-blind shutter, so the camera sits at the moment. I've got enough 4x5 sheet film that I'm not using that I could cut it down on my rotary cutter and not have to worry about getting film the right size.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    I wonder how many people have owned or currently own a Graflex Crown, Speed or Super graphic.....

Also interested in how frequently it is / was used....
    I have 2 mini speeds that I use almost 100% of all my M/F work. I also use them with bulb flash, and multi-bulb flash as well.

I have a GII that I use for 4x5 but looking to pick up a CROWN or SPEED in that format. Probably both!!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I got my Crown Graphic about a month ago. Used it about four or five times and really LOVE IT!
    Now, I'm hunting for a second lens for it.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

jss
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    love my crown graphic. it's my favorite carry-around "point and shoot" camera now.

Images
    Good Evening,

I have a Baby Speed Graphic which I haven't used for years because the Raptar lens isn't too great and the shutter it's in is somewhat iffy. I have often considered getting a better lens and using the camera more. I guess I've just been spoiled by the lenses on my Koni-Omega and Fuji 6 x7 RF.

Konical

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    My old Speed Graphics and a B&J Press have been modified and adapted to a variety of uses. It's nice to have a system of press, flatbed, and monorail cameas that use the same easily fabricated lensboards.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin