Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,882   Posts: 1,520,515   Online: 825

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat2go View Post
    I tried a 4.5 V superbright led flashlight lamp in the Graflex rangefinder on top of the Speed.
    It did not work at all.
    It was brighter than the original filament lamp but the beams were just fuzzy blobs.
    I think the led has a lens/diffuser which upsets the original ability of the rangefinder optics to focus sharply on the filament wires
    I think you're probably right, and thought so in the beginning before I even dredged up this old thread. Still yet, there has to be an idea, outside of fooling with lasers. As far as people's eyes are concerned, you may as well juggle loaded and cocked .22 pistols.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat2go View Post
    I tried a 4.5 V superbright led flashlight lamp in the Graflex rangefinder on top of the Speed.
    It did not work at all.
    It was brighter than the original filament lamp but the beams were just fuzzy blobs.
    I think the led has a lens/diffuser which upsets the original ability of the rangefinder optics to focus sharply on the filament wires
    I wondered about this, perhaps one could put a mask in front of the LED? Or perhaps paint the LED so only a stripe is exposed, then experiment with it's placement relative the optics? The trouble is that an LED is a fuzzy blob compared to a filament.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Another question. All things being equal in the good condition of the silver on the semi-silvered mirrors, which was brighter--the top mounted Graflex beam light or the Kalart Focuspot on the side-mounter Kalart finders? Didn't the Graflite run off 4 C cells for a total of 6 V, and therefor the Focuspot was a 6 V bulb? ( I don't own a Graflite any more and forgot what it took).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The Graphic Rangelite uses 2 AA batteries that are installed in the Graphic Rangefinder/Rangelite housing on top of the camera body, not the flash synchronizer battery case.
    The Kalart Focuspot works off the batteries in a 3-D cell flash synchronizer battery case.
    I do not know which bulb has the highest light output at rated battery supply.
    The Graphic Rangefinder/rangelite was only used on the 4x5 Pacemaker Crown and Speed Graphic.
    The Graflite flash synchronizer came in two versions, the 2772 using 2-D cell batteries and the 2773 using 3-D cell batteries. Case extension 2774, 1-D cell, could be added in any quantity to achieve the 7 amps needed to fire all extension flash and trip the shutter solenoid.
    http://www.southbristolviews.com/pic...liteManual.pdf
    http://www.southbristolviews.com/pic...iteService.pdf
    http://www.southbristolviews.com/pic...TRFService.pdf
    Last edited by shutterfinger; 10-15-2013 at 02:19 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin