Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,919   Posts: 1,556,447   Online: 1239

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yes it is a big focal plane shutter, lol. and it slams too the one i have is pretty accurate too

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    just a quick update, developed the negs finally. I used trays, 4 at a time. seems to have gone well we'll see when we print them, now won't we, eh?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by srmcnamara View Post
    thanks for that info. Can anyone tell me about a Graflex Graphic View? there's one in my area but the auction ends in an hour and a half. It looks very heavy.
    I have a Graphic View II. It's not terribly different from the Graphic View. The differences are outlined here: http://graflex.org/articles/graphic-view/index.html. I like mine, even if it is a bit heavy. It's not the type of thing you'd want to drag around the mountains or anywhere there is rough ground. I get mine around in it's case strapped down to a two wheeled cart, 'cause it's too heavy to carry around unless you happen to be Charles Atlas. I'm no mountain climber, so it doesn't matter to me. I prefer the urban landscape over the natural, and that means paved roads and concrete sidewalks - a perfectly suitable environment for the cart. If you decide to get one, make sure it comes with the tripod adapter. Without it, you won't be able to mount it to a tripod.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
    Missing a Dark Cloth and a Cable Release

A 210 lens for a 5x4 is a little longer than standard - is that what you want?

Martin
    If you are going to have only one lens this IS the most versatile. Now do yourself a big favor and NOT buy another lens for 2 years. Will you miss some shots? To be sure. The ability to "look and see", to find a way to make it work, will pay off for decades to come.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by vet173 View Post
    If you are going to have only one lens this IS the most versatile. Now do yourself a big favor and NOT buy another lens for 2 years. Will you miss some shots? To be sure. The ability to "look and see", to find a way to make it work, will pay off for decades to come.
    Yeah, I'm in no rush to buy anything else. I showed the camera to my professor today; he said I should probably have gotten a 90 for my landscape stuff which I probably agree with, but I'm not going to have any problems using the 210. the longer lens is better for small streams and stuff anyways which is what I've been doing lately.

Anyways, I've noticed that the 4x5 negs are quite the dust magnets, eh? The two prints I made are pretty darn nice though, can't wait to go larger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    5x4? What is that?

He's right though. I don't see why you need a lens that long. I use a 152mm Ektar, and I have plenty of room swing.
    So how do you like yer 152mm Ektar? I've been thinking of getting one and I was wondering what their owners thought of them.

Mike
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by srmcnamara View Post
    Anyways, I've noticed that the 4x5 negs are quite the dust magnets, eh? The two prints I made are pretty darn nice though, can't wait to go larger.
    Turn off the fan. Moves out wet air and brings in dry dust. Take a look at what you are wearing. That comfy flannel shirt, you know, the one with all the cat hair on it, may not be the best choice.
    The 90 will shine in tight spots, but the details on the horizon will get too small too fast for grand landscapes. It is my least used of my wide's for landscape on 4x5. You did get the correct lens for YOU.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin