Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,873   Posts: 1,520,160   Online: 1000

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hey team, no one has mentioned the 300mm f9 M Nikkor. What a classic. I bought mine for $175 some years ago. Ja ja, forget what Nikon says about the coverage, it covers more. K

The Wolly 1a is a triple convertable, not a double! My mistake----my brain just woke up!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    12" Commercial Ektar is a nice one. But before splurging on any one lens, decide what kind of photography you like doing - are you big into architecture or landscapes? then it might be better to start with something wider. If you are in to portraits, something longer, and if you're in to macro, or are not sure what you want to shoot, then a normal would be good.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My favorite 8x10 lens is my 420mm Fuji L. Next is my 12" (300mm) Commercial Ektar. Or maybe the 210mm Fuji. Hmm. Have to think about that. Maybe I like the 210 Fuji the second best, and the Ektar third. Whatever. The 420mm Fujinon L is definately #1, though. The 210mm Fuji is #1 for my 4x5, logically.

Alternatively, my first 8x10 lens set was a 240mm Caltar N (Rodenstock Sironar-N,) coupled with a 14" Red Dot Artar. That was a nice combination, too.

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin