Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,763   Posts: 1,516,210   Online: 1039

Thread: Dust in bellows

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Dust in bellows

Hey there!
    I was looking at my chromes of late and found out my new Crown Graphic is very dirty inside. I usually run a damp cloth inside and use an air can to blow out dust.
    But, I was watching the tv one night and saw those Swifter dusting wanes and thought "Hey?!" I wonder if I could use that instead. The ad says it picks up all kinds of dust and conforms and fits into anything.
    What do you think? Should I buy one of those wanes and skip the wet cloth or do you clean in another way?
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Whatever makes you happy...
    On a more serious note, the Swifter products (I think I know what you mean, as product names are different in Sweden or even Europe. We got something called Swiffer, which is probably the same.) sounds like a good idea, and they do attract dust like nothing else I've seen fully dry. At least around here, a pack of these kind of dusting cloths can be found for some $5 or so. I regulary use a sweeping/dusting broom which uses the same kind of "new" tech. and I seldom find use for the ol' hoover anymore, as dry-mopping takes care of it all, including what my furry pet leaves behind.
    Even though the Crown is old, why not use some new "nano-technology"...

//Bj÷rn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try a vacuum first, then a painter's tack cloth to dislodge and catch anything the vacuum didn't, then something like a Swiffer to get in the corners. Then give it a spray with Lemon Pledge (recommended by Ken Hough). Pledge will not dissolve the glue in the bellows.

Cheers,

Steve

Shooter
    Large Format
    when I bought my present Crown Graphic the dust inside the bellows was so thick and encrusted that I had to first disloge it from the pleats. I found a firm tooth brush was good for this purpose. Once loose, I simply vacuumed the inside with a little shop vac with the brush attachment.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin