Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,672   Posts: 1,481,823   Online: 1127

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luna Pro Oddity

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lunasix 3 = Luna Pro

Lunasix F = Luna Pro F

Profisix = Luna Pro SBC

This double designation is very annoying; especially as even at the official Gossen site those 2nd designations do not show up...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks that's helpful.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Aqx is correct. Neither my F nor my SBC have the markings at the 1-1/3 and 3 locations. Nor did the attachment still have the silver label. I took care of that, though. I taped a note to the attachment as a reminder to myself.

Best,

Michael

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My Tele attachment already had a note taped to it when i got it: Gossen put directions underneath.
    It It says +1 EV for both flash and continuous light at the 15 degree setting.
    And +2 for flash, or +3 for continuous light at the 7.5 degree setting.

The mention of flash indicates it was made for the Lunasix F. But also works on the Profisix (and Mastersix).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did Gossen get the information wrong for the attachment on a Luna Pro F then?
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Not that i have noticed.
    Could be me, of course.

The manual agrees with what it says on the thing itself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The manual for the Lunasix is different than the manual for the Luna Pro F .PDF I have. The Lunasix is 1,3 with the tele attachment and for the Luna Pro F it gives 1 1/3, 3. Apparently the two meters are different and the Luna Pro F needs an additional 1/3 stop with the tele attachment. I'm not going to lose any sleep over the 1/3 stop because I only have the Luna Pro F. I bought it as a backup to my 1 degree meter. Gossen meters are really nice and mine takes a common 9 volt battery.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin