Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,390   Online: 668

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Jon, I had actually just joined over there about a week ago. I went to check out the classifieds but it said you need to be a member for at least 30 before you get access. No problem though. I have spent about $325 of my budget so far on a Nagaoka field camera with 4 lens boards and 5 Fidelity Elite film holders. I've found a few good lens deals too but, haven't gotten myself to pull the trigger on one yet. I can't make up my mind if I want a 135mm, 150mm, or a 210mm. The 135 or 150 would be the easiest transition because those are the closest to my Rollei. On the other hand quite a few of the landscapes I have shot, or plan to shoot, need a little longer of a lens.
    flickr

"A good photograph is one that makes the viewer so aware of the subject that they are unaware of the print."- Kodak
    "...if you find afterwards that you made a mistake, the price of the film and chemicals was...tuition!" - greybeard
    "The hard part isnít the decisive moment or anything like that Ė itís getting the film on the reel!" - John Szarkowski

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ideally, I would like to have a 300 and a 135. I have a very cheap Fujinon 150 5.6 that I plan on purchasing in the mean time, until I get settled in.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds good Jon. I ended up picking up 2 Ilex-Calumet Caltars, a 90mm and a 215mm, off the classifieds here. There were a few pinholes in the bellows and just got in a bellows repair kit from Bostick & Sullivan. Will still be a couple more weeks before getting to shoot for the first time but, I can't wait
    flickr

"A good photograph is one that makes the viewer so aware of the subject that they are unaware of the print."- Kodak
    "...if you find afterwards that you made a mistake, the price of the film and chemicals was...tuition!" - greybeard
    "The hard part isnít the decisive moment or anything like that Ė itís getting the film on the reel!" - John Szarkowski

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin