Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,375   Online: 1016

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

For the Soft Focus folk, Plasticca and 2 Petzvals...

...at the National Auto Museum in Reno. Plasticca!

3 pages of photos with the Plasticca side by side with a Gundlach Series B Petzval and a Bausch & Lomb Projection Petzval.

I posted this over at LFForum earlier this week but I cannot access APUG at work so I wanted to post here as well for my friends that don't cross over much. As always let me know your thoughts.

Caution: If you do not like soft focus, or old automobiles, <blink>bad page, bad page</blink>
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Looked like a very productive afternoon, nice work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very nice photos indeed Jim.

So far I have been able to resist the lure of this kind of lenses, but you are wearing down my defences…

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another great series, Jim. The joy of having all those great subjects and a welcoming staff must make for a nice day, even when you don't have a new grandchild to visit!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jim, you've done it again. I really like the work you do with these old cars and unusual lenses. My large format gear is all 4x5, and looking at your stuff makes me want to drag it out more often.
    Frank Schifano

Beautiful photos Jim! I haven't been to that museum since Harrah's gave it up---but it will definately be on my to-do list next time I'm in Weeno

Congratulations on the new grandchild---I'll have a cigar to celebrate!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for the comments and fine wishes all.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin