Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,680   Online: 716

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Dry. Definately dry.
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dry is easier...

but wet plate is more fun

If you where doing 10X8 I have two plate holders that I bought after being told they where film holders......
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kennedy
    Actually I found some for sale, but they just call them film holders with pressure plates. Are these the same or did Linhof make different ones?
    Linhof made different styles, but as far as I know that will be the one. The other style is a "standard" film holder of supreme quality, with the added benefit of being screwed together so that it can be repaired (!). I'm trying to get hold of as many as possible of these, in 4x5" and 5x7"/13x18cm.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    robert:
    if you don't have a graflex slr, you probably don't want graflex film or plate holders. they are slotted to secure to the back of the camera, and they have a larger outside dimension than a "standard" / current film holder.

have you checked equinoxphotographic to see if they have 4x5 plate holders? sometimes they have things like that, and they have very reasonable prices

-john
    im empty, good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin