Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,419   Online: 786

Shooter
    Medium Format

Sinar Zoom 2, some questions...

Greetings all,

I recently purchased a Cambo 4x5" monorail camera. The deal included a rollfilmback. The Sinar Zoom 2. unfortunately without a manual..

After figuring out where the film goes, I am not yet sure about a few features.
    There are curtains, that mask the film, to enable all formats between 645 and 612.
    Lets say I set the mask to 6x9, will the film-winding-mechanism corelate with the mask? Or is there a standard space the film will find when pusgin the lever, thus having to wind once for 645, and twice for 6x9, for example?

And then, how far must I transport the film once I alligned the film to the "start" position?

Anyone here owning a Sinar Zoom 2, or possessing a manual or knowlegde about this piece of equipment?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi there,
    You should be able to download the instuctions for the Zoom back as a PDF. I did this a little while ago, when I was thinking of buying one. Unfortunately I can't remember where I found them, but it must have either been by going directly to Sinar's own site (which is very useful, if I remember correctly) or just by doing a search for 'Sinar Zoom Back 2'.
    I reckon it's a really nice back to have (from what I read in reviews etc.), much better than the Cambo backs. It's also really expensive to buy new, so it's worth perservering with! I think the positioning of the mask is fairly reliable once you have it figured out.
    Sorry I can't be more precise but I do know the instructions are available. Good luck!! (I'm trying not to be envious!)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The name of the Sinar site is: www.sinar.ch , what I have found on it was just a description of the back in german.
    There is nothing about loading the back, they just state that you can switch between formats in midroll without loosing film.

Peter

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin