Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,967   Online: 746

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Vintage Graflex Graphic Polaroid back

I just purchase a Speed Graphic 4x5 and will arrive sometime next week. Smart ass that I am, I decided to purchase a Polaroid back for it without doing much research, ( I believe the good one is the Polaroid 545 film holder) hey I am honest, saw it for sale locally and purchased and picked up the same day. To late now, here is the link to see item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280303152883

I believe I could put Polaroid film type 55 into this vintage land back heavy thing, the question is, would it go at the back of my Graflex Speed Graphic? That's where I started to be concerned about it...until camera arrives I won't be able to have a clue, you know, I am also new to 4x5 anyway. As someone told me once in a street market, if it doesn't work? you can always put it up for decoration in a shelve?

Thanks in advance,

Jaime.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I had one of those that came with a Speed Graphic once. I sold it for $10 on ebay. My understanding is that it's useless except as decoration or a paperweight. I think it's the same as the back end of a Polaroid 110.

If you're looking for a 545, I have one. I also have a 500.

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    there is one 545 ending in the next hour, let me see if I can get that one. Where in NJ are you? is it free? :-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Not all Polaroid backs fit the standard spring back of the Speed Graphic.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    uh? I was going with notes from graflex.org

http://graflex.org/speed-graphic/acc...l#PolaroidBack

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimeb82 View Post
    As someone told me once in a street market, if it doesn't work? you can always put it up for decoration in a shelve?
    es verdad.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, good luck. Type 55 P/N is no longer made. The price of new old stock has gone through the roof.

However, the news is not all bad.

Polaroid 405 and 550 holders work with the appropriate Fuji instant print material.

If you are adventurous, you can try Kodak Readyloads (also discontinued) and Fuji QuickLoads in a Polaroid 545 holder. Numerous sources on the web say this works. I have all 3 but haven't used the combinations yet.

Anscojohn: I have a 405, 545 and 550 holder. They all work on my 1953 Pacemaker Speed Graphic.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    [

Anscojohn: I have a 405, 545 and 550 holder. They all work on my 1953 Pacemaker Speed Graphic.[/QUOTE]
    Does your Speedy have a regular spring back; or does it have the Graflok back?
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    35mm
    OK, you got me there. Graflok back of course. I reckon we have that straight now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    can I use fuji fp100 into a 545 holder?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin