Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,701   Posts: 1,548,419   Online: 1038

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I may try and fix it myself by putting all the bearings back in but I'm not 100% sure how the plunger goes back in. If anyone has a pic of a working unit I would love to see it. I'm wondering if the little cap that is on the plunger (for lack of better word) that holds the bearings in, needs to be glued on or something. I'd love to have it working 100% again because it is one hell of a find. I have about 5 or 6 film holders, I even have the Graflex multi film holder that holds like a 10 pack of film. I have the original flash along with the original Graflex Vulcanoid case. The guy that had it was an engineer and very meticulous. Perhaps they should have called him when they were designing the rangefinder cam assembly because it sounds as if this happens a lot to folks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I had the same thing happen to me long ago. I was photographing my landlady when I heard tiny pings on her hard wood floor. It took awhile to sweep up those suckers and I ended up giving the camera to a red haired lass who I had romanic hopes for.
    She got the camera and I got zilch!
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Oh well, It was fun going out to photograph once in awhile with her!
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    funny what happens when you loose your "bearings" ..... I wouldn't put glue anywhere near the bearings cause they actually move fluidly and anything messing that up will jam ....
    Miles :
    cherish light

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Jay,

I see you found graflex.org. If you have'nt already found this look here: http://www.southbristolviews.com/pic...TRFService.pdf

The southbristolviews site has lots of good graflex information.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reverend jay View Post
    Yeah I heard he was the man with the plan.....Do you know if he is still doing repairs because I can't find anything recent on him.
    Has anyone used his services recently?......I'll try and call him next week with a number I came across

Yes, Fred is definitely still repairing Graflex Press cameras...at least he was when I spoke with him just before Christmas. He had some health issues a few years back but, seems to be doing quite well now. Give him a call...and let him talk...just be patient and don't interrupt - he hates that . He can make your Graphic as good as new.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'll give him a buzz........thanks for the advice

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ya see that box hanging off the starboard side of yer camera?

If you remove it, you save weight. If you don't, you don't.

I took the 127 Ektar off my Speed a week after I got the camera in 1986. Put the Fuji 150 6.3 on it and never bothered to recalibrate the range finder. If I am going to shoot "action" photography, I have about 25 cameras more suited to it than a Speed. If I am not shooting "action" the ground glass is the way to go.

And so I do.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin