Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,051   Online: 964

Shooter
    Medium Format

My bellows are kinky.

Hello everyone. I recently purchased a very lightly used Tachihara 4x5 field camera. It came with a manufacturer's warning sheet advising care when folding the camera closed to ensure that the bellows fold evenly without any twisting. When I close my camera, however, a portion of the bellows doesn't fold down flat, no matter what I do. Do I need to be worried about my kinky bellows? I'm guessing that while the uneven folding will likely result in faster wear in the problem areas, it probably won't compromise the bellows for some time. Would that be right? Many thanks for all your help. APUG rules!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I think you better check-out why your bellows don't fold propperly, something could be in the way or preventing it.
    Mark the fold that doesn't fold propperly with a piece of masking-tape, investigate and correct if you can.

Eventualy this could lead to lightleaks and a bellows that has to be replaced.

Peter

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My ex-wife was kinky, too, but that's probably for another thread.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey View Post
    My ex-wife was kinky, too, but that's probably for another thread.
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin