Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,655   Posts: 1,481,403   Online: 1059

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Process lens help.

Hey guys.

Tonight while starting to re arrange my darkroom I remembered when purchasing my 4x5 enlarger, the guy threw in this process lens too.

Now the last few weeks I've thought about moving up to 8x10 and contact printing, as I only ever enlarge up to 8x10 so it kind of makes sense. Upon remembering I had this lens, I was wondering if any of you guys could help me with any info at all on it. It's a W.A. Brown Mfg. Co. 9.5" Series 60 lens. Rolls from f8 through to f90 and seems in pretty reasonable condition.

Would it cover 8x10? How about 11x14 just incase I feel like being absurd! As I've been looking for an affordable way into 8x10 I'd thought about building my own camera as they're virtually impossible to find used here in NZ. Maybe I'll try and rug up a light tight box of some sort and try out some paper negs to see if it's worth following through any further, but any info any of you have on this beast would be most welcome.

Thanks a bunch.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Recalculated to mm it would be a 240mm, good for 5x7 inch.
    The standard lens for 8x10 is a 300mm

As an enlarging lens it could be a nice one for 4x5 inch and even 5x7 inch, just give it a try.
    The best f: probably would be f:16 or f:22

Peter

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    from google seems to be an Artar clone
    ?
    Brown made process cameras and sent out for the lenses much like Goodkin who sourced thier lenses from JML ..and others likely

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin