Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,755   Posts: 1,515,979   Online: 890

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Why not get a Yak? Then you could bring them all

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The best bag is always the "next" bag.

Do you have to worry about theft from the vehicle? If so, I'd lean toward a less photo-obvious bag.

When you say "work from the back of a SUV", do you mean within a few feet of the vehicle? If so, then a flip open case (such as the Halliburton might be easiest. But not if you're carrying any distance.

In any case, you may want to use a belt pack or fanny pack for the odd bits so they're handy.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I use a combination of 2 bags: a Photobackpacker P2 for hiking and a Pelican (?1620 with partitions) for in the car and plane travel.

Inside the Photobackpacker, I use one of his camera cases but use a Cabela's fly fishing reel cases for the lenses.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay I'll play. I've done the 'back of the car' thing before. Best thing I've used for that is a Pelican...with dividers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lowepro Orion Trekker II right now; I'm looking for a new bag but who isn't?
    I once used a laptop rolling case for the transport of my Kodak 2D 5x7 with accessories, it worked great.
    I'm thinking of one of these shoulder bags, better for my back.
    I'd like a new hard case for carry on of said 4x5 or big medium format, any new ideas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails great bag.jpg  
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin