Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,929   Posts: 1,556,838   Online: 785

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Harrison tent - decomposing

Greetings
    I have a Harrison Pup changing tent of which I am very fond. However, I was just admiring it a few minutes ago and have discovered that the internal lining around the arm holes (between the outer silver layer and the black internal layer) has started to perish - i.e. is becoming gooey/sticky. In fact, the texture of other parts of the tent suddenly seems to suggest that it might be about to die. This is a bit distressing. Don't suppose anyone else has encountered or heard of this problem? I would like to get another Pup but am reluctant to do so if this is likely to happen again.
    Thanks for any info.
    Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Don't know how old yours is or how it's been stored; mine is five years old or so and looks brand new---it's seen a lot of use, but entirely indoors.

I'd get another and not worry about it.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Images
    If you have used that in conditions when you had to deal with insects, then it may be a chemical reaction. You need to be careful not to let DEET covered arms come in contact with the fabric, as it will melt.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I forgot where but there was another thread discussing this problem (largeformat, I think). As I recall, there were a quite a few with this stickiness. It was from an early run of the product and Harrison was aware of the problem and providing some type of compensation or repair. I do remember that they stood by their product, so I'd email or give them a call.

JY

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the above replies. I have since found a couple of other threads about this on the LFPF site. I have now sent an email to the manufacturers and will see what happens...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin