Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,627   Online: 923

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    In my opinion, one can never have too many film holders.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by W6PJJ View Post
    I wonder if some of you folks can advise me where I might be able to unload some of my 4X5 Film Holders. I have dozens and dozens of Riteway & Lisco dual negative film Holders. Some are brand spanking new others have some wear but are light tight. All have safety plates and plate locking tabs. I thought about ebay but I only have purchased there and don't know anything about selling there. And, if I did, I would still not know what to price them at. Any suggestions or comments are welcome.
    Ship thrm to me so I can safetly dispose of them. Selling them just contributes to global warming.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You're a subscriber, so you can post in the APUG classifieds. Search some previous sales here, on the LF forum and using completed auctions on eBay, and you'll see what the price range is.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I've had a good quantity of an item to sell, I've used individual prices with a discount if you bought a greater quantity.
    ie:$10 ea., five to ten $9 ea, ten or more $8 etc.
    Another suggestion is Pay for ten, get eleven.
    Shipping these isn't going to be cheap as the quantities get larger, They're pretty heavy to ship(postage-wise) when you start dealing with ten or more
    Last edited by John Koehrer; 02-26-2009 at 10:10 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    When I've had a good quantity of an item to sell, I've used individual prices with a discount if you bought a greater quantity.
    ie:$10 ea., five to ten $9 ea, ten or more $8 etc.
    Another suggestion is Pay for ten, get eleven.
    Shipping these isn't going to be cheap as the quantities get larger, They're pretty heavy to ship(postage-wise) when you start dealing with ten or more

Not if he ships them to san jose. Heck, just throw them in the river and I'll pick them up in San Pablo Bay.

A fun thread.

Good luck selling them. You should get 10 bucks a piece if they are in as good a shape as you say. The problem with EBay these days is the only one making any money is the USPS.

tim in san jose
    p.s. The $100 for 20 offer still stands.
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [Vision of film holders washing up on San Pablo Bay beaches, and large format photographers torn between beachcombing and photographing driftwood...]

If they do float down the river, I think I have a chance of intercepting them 8-)

Graham
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I might be interested in some of the new ones. I'm fussy about the way things look.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by W6PJJ View Post
    ...All have safety plates and plate locking tabs...
    What's a "safety plate?"

I suspect you meant dark slides. Never heard them described that way before, even by those who spoke a Sacramento dialect.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sal:

I used them in the Military and they were referred to as the "Safety Plate' everyone there knew what they were. However, you can choose to call them whatever makes you happy. And, up here in N. CA where you folks get your water from, we speak proper english, that is without a Southern draw...
    Ciao,

Sil

"Look I been doing this for over fifty years now, so don't be telling me that drinking is going to kill me"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So are these things now for sale?
    Charles Hohenstein

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin