Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,448   Online: 776

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    hell if they're for sale I'll throw my hat into the ring as well...not close enough for river pickin's so I'll have to settle for the long distance route.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning;

A report from up here in Latte Land:

Last week I purchased some 4x5 negative holders from my local camera store. He had a box of them sitting under his counter. He gave me a quantity discount when I said that I wanted a dozen. They were $2.00 US each. (Yes, that was Two Dollars each.) The total bill with tax was $26.16.

Sorry about the possible effect on the used holder market. Perhaps there is still merit in supporting your local camera store.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Javins View Post
    Good morning;

A report from up here in Latte Land:

Last week I purchased some 4x5 negative holders from my local camera store. He had a box of them sitting under his counter. He gave me a quantity discount when I said that I wanted a dozen. They were $2.00 US each. (Yes, that was Two Dollars each.) The total bill with tax was $26.16.

Sorry about the possible effect on the used holder market. Perhaps there is still merit in supporting your local camera store.
    Were those new sheet film holders or used ones?
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    Were those new sheet film holders or used ones?
    Good morning, Charles;

They are used, but in excellent condition. They are the Lisco Products Company "REGAL II" 4x5 Film Holders. I think that is one of the two brands mentioned in the original posting. The fellow who had them retired from his business. With the addition of this dozen, I think I now have about 20. Hopefully this will be sufficient for my activities.

I thought that I had indicated that they were used. I do know that I referred to the possible effect on the used equipment market.
    Enjoy;

just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey!! If those were new Film Holders tell the owner of the store I would like to purchase 1000 and I will offer Him a dollar each and be glad to pay the shipping costs.
    Ciao,

Sil

"Look I been doing this for over fifty years now, so don't be telling me that drinking is going to kill me"

Shooter
    Medium Format

MY REPLY 2 U

Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    So are these things now for sale?
    I will need sometime to complete the final costs when I consider the packaging and shipping. I will get back to you late next week possible the week after. Hell, I just asked for advice you folks are moving a bit too quick for me..
    Ciao,

Sil

"Look I been doing this for over fifty years now, so don't be telling me that drinking is going to kill me"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, Sil;

Sorry, as was mentioned in the reply to Chazzy, they are all used film holders that are just parked in some boxes under his counter. Most of them are pretty good, with a lot of them in excellent condition. Yes, there are a few that I would consider only as parts, mainly for the dark slides. This is one of the advantages of being able to walk into the store and see the equipment, instead of just looking at pictures on the internet.

TU ES 73 W6PJJ DE N7KGA GN
    Enjoy;

Shooter
    Large Format
    I would be interested in 10-15....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I will let all you folks know when I'm ready to sell and ship. I have some business to attend to and will not be able to spend any time on this project until next month. I will send up some smoke signals at that time.
    Ciao,

Sil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by W6PJJ View Post
    And, up here in N. CA where you folks get your water from, we speak proper english, that is without a Southern draw...
    Hey! I am a sixth-generation Los Angeles resident, and I don't know how to "draw"!

P.S. Funny you should mention our northern water supply. My great great great grandfather Healy was a city councilman (representing the Northeast L.A. neighborhood where I still live), and was part of a four-man trip that went up to the Owens Valley to scout out the possibility of stealin' that water of yours! I have the pic of the four of them upstairs. Maybe I will scan it if anyone actually cares to see it. Pretty boring pic, though still cool and funny. Some early L.A. politicians sitting around a table looking pompous. ("Kern, Hiller, Houghton, Healy - Palace Hotel Lobby - San Francisco")

I could use 10 or 20 like-new film holders to tell you the truth. Some of mine seriously need to go into the circular file.

Once you get my check, just drop mine into the aqueduct, if you will.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 03-09-2009 at 05:07 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin