Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,033   Online: 985

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Im interested. I am soon to leave college where i cannot borrow any more 4x5 film holders, getting some more would be great

Put them for sale here in lots of 5 to 10....complete descriptions, etc. I am certain that you will probably sell most of them without any hassles. If one shoots 4x5 then there is always the temptation to pick up a few more holders, "just in case"....of course, "just in case" (thankfully ) usually doesn't come to pass, and so one is left in the same situation that you find yourself...i.e., many holders in the closet or drawer!

Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning;

Sil, the suggestion that you market the 4 by 5 film holders in packages of 10 or so sounds quite reasonable. If you truly have the quantity that my inferences have envisioned, I will take a package also. Please announce when you are ready.

2F/2F, history is always interesting. Photographs of history only add to it. Please make sure that the older photographs you have of things like that are put into a form that can be stored and made available to others. We are losing much of our current history due to simple lack of knowledge of what these photographs represent and the stories behind them.

It is really snowing up here in Latte Land today. There are some advantages in being paid to stay at home, and are no longer required to go out driving in it.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm definitely interested in some of those like-new film holders too, if the price is right.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ebay, ebay, ebay. What ebay? Who needs ebay when they have APUG?

Hey you guys take it easy, your riding in like a bunch of thirsty cowboys in Tucson. Come on now, don't get all riled up and get a burr under your saddle. I will get the show on the road just like I said I would. And, if I recall, I said I would nail up the shingle on or about the end of the month. I have to get them sorted, cleaned and package about 5 or 6 in a box so I can determine the shipping. I will be scouting out shippers because my shipper of choice, UPS has pimped me out one time too many. They are pouring it to me big time and I believe I will look into Fed-Ex and USPS to level the playing field. I like to get one cost for the CONUS. I have about 65 of the holders and 20 dark film plates. I would estimate that 70% are in very good condition. Another 20% show moderate signs of use. And 10% are well used but are still useful in the camera. The new holders are not for sale, sorry but they are going to be for the new camera. OH! I found a bunch of Hawes 35mm reels about 30 of them. And, in addition, I have located a sizable number of 4X5 stainless steel film hangers that I have used in the vertical position in Rectangular Stainless Steel development tanks. These are great if you enjoy developing a number of negatives vertically and don't mind the wait of slow developing due to very diluted developer and minimal agitation. That's it for now. I have a bunch of negative plates for enlargers but it would be a smorgasbord affair dealing with this junk.
    Ciao,

Sil

"Look I been doing this for over fifty years now, so don't be telling me that drinking is going to kill me"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    OH!! a big Sorry form Me. When I said I had 65 of the holders and 20 plates it should have read. "65 of the holders and an extra 20 dark film plates" All, I repeat all of the film holders will come with two "dark film Plates" Sorry again if I confused you, it was late and I was tired. And, thats when you do not want me defusing a bomb in your living room or removing film from the magazine or holder which ever camera you happen to intrust to me..
    Ciao,

Sil

"Look I been doing this for over fifty years now, so don't be telling me that drinking is going to kill me"

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I am interested in 5-10 of them. Let me know.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin