Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,156   Online: 1065

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

JUST TOO MANY 4X5 FILM MAGAZINES

I wonder if some of you folks can advise me where I might be able to unload some of my 4X5 Film Holders. I have dozens and dozens of Riteway & Lisco dual negative film Holders. Some are brand spanking new others have some wear but are light tight. All have safety plates and plate locking tabs. I thought about ebay but I only have purchased there and don't know anything about selling there. And, if I did, I would still not know what to price them at. Any suggestions or comments are welcome.
    Ciao,

Sil

"Look I been doing this for over fifty years now, so don't be telling me that drinking is going to kill me"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Depending where on planet earth you are, the price will be different somewhat. This is due to supply and demand!

In my country, reasonably good secondhand ones in the local camera stores are around the $25.00 mark not so good ones $20.00.

At camera fairs they go as low as $10.00 for reasonable condition, up to $40.00 for as new condition.

Your call.

Mick.
    Last edited by Mick Fagan; 02-25-2009 at 11:51 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Punctuation

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll give you a hundred bucks for 20 of them.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I think the going rate is more like $10 each if in good condition, with maybe a deal on larger lot sales. You can unload them on largeformatphotography.info/forum (in the buy & sell area) or here in the classifieds. They sell at good prices on ebay too. Just list them in relatively small lots (say lots of 5). Stagger the listings too - don't just list them all at once. If you list a big lot you'll get much less for them, and if you don't stagger your lots by a day or so you'll also lose bidders. If you just want to get rid of them on the other hand, ebay is a sure fire way... as is here. Hell I'd buy a couple.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by walter23 View Post
    I think the going rate is more like $10 each if in good condition, with maybe a deal on larger lot sales.
    Shhhhhhh....!

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would be interested in 1 or 2, Im in the Uk though.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by walter23 View Post
    Stagger the listings too - don't just list them all at once. If you list a big lot you'll get much less for them, and if you don't stagger your lots by a day or so you'll also lose bidders.
    Someone listed something like 16 individual listings for Grafmatics last night. Not a good selling strategy.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Greetings:

Well Guy's this is a start and Walter23 I appreciate the detailed information re: how to parcel them out on ebay. For logistic purposes, I can be found in Sacramento, CA. Thanks again for your remarks and input.
    Last edited by W6PJJ; 02-26-2009 at 07:57 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ciao,

Sil

"Look I been doing this for over fifty years now, so don't be telling me that drinking is going to kill me"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by W6PJJ View Post
    ... I can be found by getting on the Highway 280 headed East and then get on HWY 680 and travel to HWY 80 Ea
    Well, I'm on Highway 80 East and I don't see you. Can you wave a hat or something?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Barry S. Hey I'm trying but I keep loosing my Internet Connection and I better get into the Bathroom and shave off this lather before it becomes part of my face.
    Ciao,

Sil

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin