Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,273   Posts: 1,534,577   Online: 1033

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF

Jan/Feb Issue of View Camera Magazine in Canada

If you get your subscription to VC magazine in Canada from me.... the Jan/Feb issue has just been mailed.

Sorry it's taken me so long to get these out.

A couple people are still waiting for the Nov/Dec issue which I have re-ordered .... these haven't come in yet and will be mailed out once i get them.

-
    Rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For information, Andrea told me yesterday that the January/February issue encountered weather-related production issues and was delayed. Is just now going out.
    Louie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Weather related delays... we've seen some of that here. Folks tired of the cold and snow going south and getting "back to things" when they get return. I wonder if that's what they had there?

I've been wondering where this issue was. I can understand the weather issues...

Dave (hoping now that Rob's got them they'll start showing up in the local magazine seller's shops.)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'd like to head south... but I'm not so sure I'd ever come back. LOL
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why didn't they just call it the March/April issue and skip January/February? As long as everyone got the same number of issues, I don't think anyone would care, and at least the date on the magazine would make a little more sense.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    Why didn't they just call it the March/April issue and skip January/February? As long as everyone got the same number of issues, I don't think anyone would care, and at least the date on the magazine would make a little more sense.
    Good morning, Charles;

Perhaps there are some traditions associated with the dates that they want to observe.

You may recall that you had some interesting weather this winter also. And the people in Oklahoma, Kentucky, and in New England. This winter was not kind to many people, and it seemed to affect the shipping of material and products in many parts of the country. We even had some noticeable effects on the shelves of the local grocery stores out here in Latte Land.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Chas, no matter what the date is the magazine won't be getting to us any faster. I was once subscribed to a professional journal that got so far behind (due an extensive/inefficient editorial review process) that they were almost 1 year late in delivering. They kept the same numbering and dating scheme... they just mailed issues whenever they got around to it, with no regard for the connection between the issue date and the real date. Eventually they caught up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I worked in an in-house print shop for a large company for 30 years. Being late delivering technical manuals was not an option. If the books were late we got fined a huge amount by the end users. This, of course, does not relate directly to periodicals. I do enjoy getting my periodicals in a timely manner but if something happens that causes a delay I fully understand. Therefore I must say that since most periodicals devoted to LF & B&W are somewhat of a niche market: Keep 'em coming. I enjoy every issue I receive.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    They still owe me Sept/Oct, and Nov/Dec 2010. After pulling teeth trying to get a response from them they say it's my fault for not responding to their email (false-all on cptr) and I should have kept a record of issues received. Photo-smart perhaps, biz savvy no. At this point it's pure venting, I care not a whit for the missing mag's.
    Jon Archibald

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I notice that most of you are not in Canada and therefore not directing your comments to the OP.

The thing here is that it is Ed talking not VC. Having met Ed I'd guess that he does everything he can to keep his customers happy and informed -- hence the OP. If you want to vent about VC that is one thing, but I think in fairness we should be clear about who and what you are complaining about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin