Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,396   Online: 1084

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    His message to me:

"Sorry, I do not allow previews."
    Sounds like something is buggered up in that kit

From the VHR manual:
    Front tilt 15 degrees back and 10 forward
    Front rise 28mm
    Bed drop 15 degrees
    Front swing 15 degrees
    On VHR back extends and allows about 10 degree swing and tilt
    Front cross ?? mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Being sold “AS IS” – “NO WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES”

“ALL SALES ARE FINAL”

That about says it all doesn't it? Keep looking, when you are about ready to give up one will come along that's right for you.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Being sold “AS IS” – “NO WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES”

“ALL SALES ARE FINAL”

That about says it all doesn't it? Keep looking, when you are about ready to give up one will come along that's right for you.
    Yep. Quite a shame. It is a very nice collection of stuff, and located right in my back yard.

I am putting my Grover 8x10 (w/ 5x7 and 4x5 backs) up for sale again to help raise funds for this project. Gotta get it done pretty soon; I have about 8 to 10 weeks to shoot approx. 200 dead ends here in my neighborhood in N.E.L.A. for a book. I think I am gonna just get a Horseman revolving 2x3 back for my Sinar. There is one on eBay now that, again, is only 15 minutes from my house. I am lucking out with local items so far on this hunt.

If all else fails, I will just slap my Polaroid packfilm back onto the Sinar as a last resort. Would certainly take a load off at the printing and processing stage, though would put a hurt on my pocketbook buying all that FP-100C.

Thank you for all the help. It is most.......er....helpful! Keep the info coming if anyone has something to add.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 03-08-2009 at 11:59 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Sounds like something is buggered up in that kit

From the VHR manual:
    Front tilt 15 degrees back and 10 forward
    Front rise 28mm
    Bed drop 15 degrees
    Front swing 15 degrees
    On VHR back extends and allows about 10 degree swing and tilt
    Front cross ?? mm.
    Thank you very much for the information.

They are very informative specs. That is not enough more movement than a Graphic to warrant the massive search on my part. Over the Graphic, it basically just has swings and forward tilt (which we all know we can get on a Graphic anyhow by dropping the bed). Some day, yes, I may want one, but it is not needed for this particular series of shoots. What I really need for this is vertical rise and fall, and a little bit of lateral shift. I just though that since I want a 2x3 field camera anyhow some day, I might as well take care of it now.

I have options. I have my Sinar and I have my Speed Graphic 45. I can get a 6x9 back for them if I need to. Not sure if I can get the shift I need with a 75mm lens on a 4x5 rail, but I can definitely do it on the Sinar.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 03-09-2009 at 03:10 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Large Format
    What you might want to take into consideration is that the VH and VH-R models are the only ones with a rotating back. The 985, 980 and 970 do not have a rotating back and therefore you have to put the camera sideways on a tripod for vertical shots. There is a tripod attachment on the left side of the camera as well as on the bottom. The VH models also have an extra tripod attachment on the left side of the body but I do not see much use for that myself.

Before I bought my VH-R I did some research on the internet. From what I have learned, the Horseman Super lenses will cover 5x4 though I have no idea if they give much room for movements on 5x4. Plenty however on 6x9 and the quality on the edges of the picture should also be better compared to lenses designated for 6x9 only. The lenses that have an ER designation are multicoated. I have 2 Super ER lenses, a 75 and a 180mm. My other lens is a Topcor 5.6 150mm meant for 5x4, also multicoated.

I shot my first roll yesterday so later this week I will no more about the quality of these lenses. From a mechanical point of view the quality seems very good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Horseman Info

This topic just popped up over on LFinfo.

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=46391

Brian Wallen has put together a web page with info on the Horsemans

http://www.prairienet.org/b-wallen/B..._Horseman1.htm

JGB
    "Sure is fun playing Jimi Hendrix at Carnegie Hall"-SRV

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I thought 6x9cm was medium format...
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Hello,

I am very impressed by all I have heard about Tachihara and Shen Hao field cameras. I will likely end up getting one some day, however, I think that I would really prefer if the camera was smaller and shot 6x9 on rollfilm instead of 4x5 with a 6x9 reduction back. I want something like the Fuji GX680 (medium format with front movements), but I don't need an SLR and I want something more packable and cheaper, plus all the lens versatility benefits of a view camera. I have heard mention of a 6x9 Tachihara. Do they actually exist? If not, is there anything similar? A small, light folding 6x9 camera with movements and a Graflok back for a reasonable price? (Was a 2x3 Super Speed Graphic ever made?) For some reason I can't seem to locate a Website for the Tachihara company right now.
    Yes, Graflex made a "mini speed" and later the Century and Pacemaker models in 2x3. I routinely shoot with my mini speeds, on a tripod for landscapes with various lenses.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Bunnik View Post
    There is some discussion on the internet if it is possible to use the cam of for instance the 5.6 150mm Horseman lens on any 5.6 150mm lens or only on the dedicated 150mm lens. Contrary to Linhof cams that are matched to a particular lens with it's serial number on the cam, Horseman cams are for the focal lenght only.
    I have two Horseman cams; one of them has a serial number, the other doesn't.

In any case, they're not cut for a generic lens of that focal length, they're cut for a specific Horseman lens model of that marked focal length. However, you can't assume that the actual focal length matches the marked number, or that another vendor's lens of that nominal focal length will match the actual FL for which the cam was cut.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin