Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,647   Online: 1106

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Grafmatic Question

I just picked up 3 grafmatics on the auction site. They all have film in them and were locked on X when I got them. Because of that, I'm guessing the film is exposed (since they'd probably be on 1 if they were freshly loaded). Is this a good assumption - I suppose I could just take one sheet out of each and process them to see.

Dan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That's a clever guess. At least I wouldn't reshoot the films.

//Bj÷rn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The alternative is that someone went to the trouble of operating the Grafmatics six times without taking any images. Doesn't seem likely.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That could be possible, I think. Why do you care about 18 sheets of mystery film? Could be fogged already.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Wow what a find! Maybe you will get some really cool found images you could share with us. Does the film have edge marks so you can find out what it is?
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Large Format
    Are you sure this film in them or assuming because it is on "X"? You can manually turn the counter to any number you what. If the holders have been handled by a number of people before you bought them, who knows.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The Grafmatics are all marked with month and year (which is 2002) and film type, which is TMax. I fogged the first frame in one Grafmatic by assuming they were empty. At this point I know they're all loaded. The seller claimed this was his father's gear and he used it until he got sick a few years ago. So, I'm going to assume the film type and dates are accurate. Besides, all the stuff (Crown Graphic, 3 lenses, etc) is so clean I have to imagine he was the sort to mark things accurately. It's worth processing the film to see what comes out. Not as exciting as 50+ year old film but at least I can be pretty sure of there being something there and knowing how to process it.

Dan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin