Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,495   Posts: 1,543,026   Online: 835

Shooter
    35mm

Schnider G Claron WIDE ANGLE 270 f 11

I've picked up a Schnieder G Claron 270 Wide Angle f 11. Barrel lens in mint condition, takes a 110mm filter. Anyone have any info? Image circle? Possible shutter size? Approx. value? External screwthreads on back of lens 85mm, are they for rear filters? Too big for my 5x7 Korona. Looking to go ulf will this get me above 8x10? Thanks for any help.... Bill

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Been there done that. Yes, it will cover 11X14 but not well. Yes it will go in a Copal or Compur 3 but memory says something has to be trimmed slightly. One benefit of shutter mounting is it becomes f6.3. That said, they aren't popular or valuable because the diminutive 270 f9 G-Claron covers more, is sharper, and doesn't need a $350 shutter.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Jim,
    How does mounting the lens in a shutter change it from f-11 to f-6.3? Does the barrel mount limit the maximum opening?
    Jim
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    Jim,
    How does mounting the lens in a shutter change it from f-11 to f-6.3? Does the barrel mount limit the maximum opening?
    Jim
    Yes, the barrel mount throttles it.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have one mounted in a copal 3 and something had to be trimmed, according to Steve Grimes. I have a few vignetted shots on my web site ( http://www.jamieyoungphoto.com/B&W%2...olios%201.html ) that show the image circle on an 8x20, found in the Madison link, and the Badger Army Ammunition Plant link. It falls off in sharpness after about 8x10. The lense was designed for copy work at around 1:1, and supposedly is great for that, but doesn't work well at infinity. Jim Galli is right.A regular gclaron is a better choice

Shooter
    Medium Format

270mm lens

I have a Nikkor 270 f10 WA, I was told it covers 7x17. Anybody know for sure the coverage? It is in a copal #1.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you sure it isn't 260mm?

Cheers,

Steve

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin