Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,746   Online: 967

Thread: 810 m toyo

Shooter
    4x5 Format

810 m toyo

hi
    i am thinking of buying one of these cameras and was wanting to ask for opinons on them. any help would be appreciated.
    mitch
    mitch brown

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    i own an 810G Toyo...atleast that is what I think it is. It is an 8x10 monorail Toyo. It is very trustworthy. I have a collection of 8x10 Field cameras, and when I have to go on 5 mile hike elevating a thousand feet I take this camera because 1) it is comfortable to carry over the should on the tripod. 2) the knobs stay clamped down 3) if anything breaks you can fix it yourself 4) it is not as heavy as it looks 5) the adjustments are fine only where they need to be fine 6) most importantly, it looks slick.

I have a 4x5 Linhof Tek-whatever, and when I shoot 4x5 I take the 8x10 Toyo with a 4x5 back because I like using the adjustments on the Toyo, the knobs are lefty-loosey, righty-tighty, and that's how I like to roll.

Toyo's are great, reliable, hold up great in adverse weather and user-friendly to repair. They also have a balance about them that makes handling them and transporting them very simple.

The only thing I dislike about Toyo is that they will not sell me anything directly. They will make me go through a retailer even if the retailer doesn't have it in stock. And they have not flexed one bit on that policy.

Keep baseballs away from your groundglass and you can avoid that problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Heavy, pretty much bullet proof, good range of movements and takes everything from a 120mm to a 30" with the standard bellows. I like the fact that the lens board opening in the front standard is large enough to take a 210mm Super Angulon rear lens element without having remove it, insert it from the far end of the bellows and, then, thread it back into the shutter from inside the bellows. Specs are here:

http://www.toyoview.com/Products/810MII/810MII.html

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin