Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,771   Posts: 1,516,526   Online: 792

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ewins View Post
    Both enquiries were about 4x5 cameras, so my responses were tailored to that.
    That's nice. The generalization you posted is false. Now you know more than you did before.

Your post omitted what californiakid needed to know, viz., how to tell the two types apart.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    No Dan, for his purposes what I wrote is way more accurate than what you wrote. A 4x5 Graflex holder is too wide to fit in a Graflok/International back and the different light traps means that a 4x5 graphic type holder (sheet, roll film or grafmatic) won't seat properly in a graflex back since they don't have the extra slot that the 6x9 grafmatic has. The 4x5 holders simply aren't interchangeable. The link I provided shows the difference between the two types of grafmatics which will also be true for sheet film and roll film holders and also links to another page that shows both the graflex and graflok backs.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    My graphic 23 back says graphic and it is being delivered this week,will let you know if it works on my Shen hao hzx45 graflok back. Thanks for your input

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    That should be fine - and sorry to derail the thread a bit with Graflex trivia.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for the info,my graphic "23" back showed up and fits my Shen hao 4x5 perfectly.now I just have to find time from work to go shooting.thanks guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin