Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,926   Posts: 1,522,139   Online: 893

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Copla No. 3 Retaining Ring: where can I obtain one in the UK?

Good Afternoon,

I have recently bought a secondhand Rodenstock 360mm lens (for my De Vere 10" x 8") but it came minus the retaining ring (which I was aware of). The Copal opening is a No. 3, can anyone provide a supplier who may stock or at least can get hold of retaining rings?

Thank you John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    well, in the meantime, the thread is a common filter ring diameter, 62mm if memory serves me. So when you recover from finding out how much a retaining ring costs, find a 67-62 stepdown ring, file two slots in it and go shooting, just remember how much money you saved, and how much film you can buy with that money.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Give Mike Walker a ring, he is a Copal Shutter dealer. Or Mr CAD for a s/h one?

Barry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alternatively SRB Film could make one for you

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have 3 different copal 3's with 3 different size rings so be careful. Standards went out the window with these. Safest way to not be disappointed would be to contact Mr. Salomon and order the correct one.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin