Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,873   Posts: 1,583,548   Online: 887

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmsmaggie View Post
    Ok Tim., Celac. Let's come clean. I'm Familiar wil Palo Alto.
    Could you share the name amd address, or maybe they have a web page?

Sounds like my best chance to visit the candy store, cause there's nothing around here. I don't think.
    Keeble & Shuate is on California Street. Take the Oregon expressway from 101, cross Alma street, go under the bridge and take the next exit. It will say "To California Street Shopping Area". Go straight to the first stop sign, you will see parking lots left and right. Park there. Walk the last half block and K &S is on the corner. The other one is at 261 California, right there.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Yep, we have talked often. I just never knew who you were on APUG.

Counter on the right hand side as you walk in from the street at 261? Maybe I'll get by there this weekend.

BTW all, this guy knows his stuff.

tim in san jose
    Hey,
    Actually, on the left. (if you enter from Cal Ave.) The tall guy in the print shirt is Fred, Major Domo of all things used.

Don't get me wrong, it ain't heyday of LF and film. The corner where Fred hangs out used to be occupied by a fridge stocked up w/ 8x10 chrome film. On the other hand, I don't want people to develop the impression that no one there cares about LF or film. Rumors are viral and, like the real thing, can kill the body they feed off. If you come by drop up and say "hi."
    Celac

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Me thinks I know the spot. When I worked at the P.A. Veterans Hospital, I use to go to a bookstore/newstand during lunch nearby on California St. I think .

If I remember correctly, the bookstore/newstand was on the corner.

Great! - I'll have to check out Keeble & Shuate next time I'm in the Bay Area.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just took a peek at Keeble & Shuate's rental dept. page. Looks like they have a Toyo-Field 45AII available for rent.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmsmaggie View Post
    Me thinks I know the spot. When I worked at the P.A. Veterans Hospital, I use to go to a bookstore/newstand during lunch nearby on California St. I think .

If I remember correctly, the bookstore/newstand was on the corner.

Great! - I'll have to check out Keeble & Shuate next time I'm in the Bay Area.
    Hi,
    The bookstore is gone but the cafe is still there. That building is across the street from the 290 store.
    Celac

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin